Cobra Bio Design - See Page 2 - More Images Added For V2 17/11/2011

Double H

Elite Hunter
Hello Guys and Gals,

Quick updated, took some advice from Made007 and attempted to add in some snake skin textures. The design is not yet perfect and I think the skin textures need to be faded and blended around the edges to give it more of an impact but I will let you guys be the decider of that....

9182-v2-revamp-angled.jpg

Angled

9181-v2-revamp.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Double H

Jasmo

Unblooded
This is looking very, very good indeed. I love the thought and detail put into this design, it's very impressive.

With that said, if you ever ink this digitally(or on paper without lines) drop me a line, I'd love to color it. ^_^

Double H

Elite Hunter
This is looking very, very good indeed. I love the thought and detail put into this design, it's very impressive.

With that said, if you ever ink this digitally(or on paper without lines) drop me a line, I'd love to color it. ^_^
Cool, yeah I could re-draw these up onto plain paper (didn't have available at the time lol) and you can have a crack at painting it that would be awesome - may also give some ideas lol Could draw it up on paint or something like that but will probably re-draw by hand and then take a photo to post up. But yeah, when it redrawn I will drop you a line.

Thanks for the feedback

Looking good HH. Knock one up for me while you`re at it. LOL
Lol I am actually thinking of making them into full size bios once the designs have been finalized. So if your interested, once its been sculpted, give me a shout and we shall talk lol.

Thanks man

Vormekta

Blooded
the bio's looking great, the snake skin texture really helps to bring out the overal theme all the more :0 keep up the good work dbl H

Double H

Elite Hunter
Thanks, I thought so as well. Glad you guys like the design.

I was thinking of sculpting both. Obviously V1 needs a lot of work to make it not look so much like V2 but will work on that once I have drawn up the final Cobra V2 concept. Feel free to give me ideas for V1, I am open to suggestions, no idea is a bad idea.

Thanks guys, will have the final concept for V2 drawn up later and posted hopefully tonight. These pictures will give you the design in more detail and from different angles to give you an overall view of the bio.

REYALS

Elite Hunter
If I were you I would be looking at getting this sculpted, and have the works done to it...(i.e.-molded, casted, etc.). Looks coo.

Double H

Elite Hunter
If I were you I would be looking at getting this sculpted, and have the works done to it...(i.e.-molded, casted, etc.). Looks coo.
Thanks, I am currently look in into the best technique to make an armature to start sculpting this on. I have the clay, tools etc but thinking I might use PredtrHuntr's wire mesh armature method. I have recieved my P1 bio for size measurements so will get started on this ASAP.

[quote name='Vor'mekta' timestamp='1321410460' post='322627']

i much agree with this. get that bio going hunter lol :)
[/quote]

Patience my friend, patience.... all in good time.

[quote name='goldenhybrid' timestamp='1321478424' post='322710']
I really do think the new designs look alot better and more reptilian great designs
[/quote]

Thanks man, I was going to the 'reptilian' kinda feel with this design and I am glad that can be seen in the design. 100% what I was aiming for....

I have draw up new images of the other sides of the bio i.e. the laser shroud side (right hand side of the bio) and the underneath. I tried taking pictures of them but I had 'rappy-cay' light so pictures didn't come out very well and details couldn't be seen. I was considering drawing them in pen (like the others) but will try using darker pencils first and then see what happens.

Will try to get these up later on today.

Thanks again everyone for the great feedback.

skunk

Hunter
Great design Jason.....my only concern would be practicality.....when you are wearing this design.....if you look left, right or down too quickly, you might get stabbed by the spikes.....or it could rip your suit or just get snagged on your netting lol.
Might be an idea just to angle the points slightly forward and up so they wont be a problem to the wearer.

I like the design tho.

Double H

Elite Hunter
Great design Jason.....my only concern would be practicality.....when you are wearing this design.....if you look left, right or down too quickly, you might get stabbed by the spikes.....or it could rip your suit or just get snagged on your netting lol.
Might be an idea just to angle the points slightly forward and up so they wont be a problem to the wearer.

I like the design tho.

Thanks man,

Actually I did think about the fangs being a lil bit of an issue, so I made the fangs get bigger as they get closer to the front - small, medium, big. I though the issue would be not so much the larger ones a the front but the medium and small ones.

So, (though the pictures aren't brilliant at showing it lol) the smaller back ones will be more horizontally sticking out the bio angled slightly down. The medium ones will be following the same lines but will be angled down a lil more and then the front ones a longer and slightly more angles. This way the front fangs won't look odd to the rest of the fangs.

But, thanks for the advice, I will defiantly take not of angling the points forwards. Might twist the fangs around a lil either that or round the fang tips slightly.

Vormekta

Blooded
/\ seems like it makes sense lol. and the sketches look better and better very time i look at them. wonderful detail work :)

Double H

Elite Hunter
Hey Guys and Gals,

Have an update on the sketches (as promised lol). I have drawn the design from the other angles, which is mostly the right hand side of the bio, to give you a better perspective of the final piece that I will be sculpting at a later date (the images also help me with shape, definition etc when I come around to sculpt the design lol). I have drawn a rough basic laser shroud area but I will most probably be designing my own shroud at a later date.

Enjoy the pics guys

Angled

9242-angled-cobra-v-bio-laser.jpg

Side on

9243-side-cobra-v-bio.jpg

Underside - rough sketch of basic idea

9244-underside-cobra-v-bio.jpg

Sorry if the images seem a lil faint (i.e. the underside sketch) I used a very light pencil I think it was an 'H' so I tries to darken the edges up with a 4B. Anyway, I hope you like the sketch and please, let me know what you guys think.

Vormekta

Blooded
its looking great. the laser looks a little crooked unless u did that on purpose. almost like it'll be shooting off to the side more