Colin's Freddy Sculpt- Feedback? 10/7/06

K

kithunter

colin i ain't gonna blow sunshine up your ass like looks great or superb kinda post i will give you 100% honesty(yes i know how to do that)
I can't really make out freddy in those shots, maybe the sculpt is to early in it's stages. i am no means a bastard of 1000 maniacs expert, but i just don't see it .....yet.

don't sleep.... just keep workin on it till freddy comes to life.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MoviesColin

That's why I put it here- I want 100% honesty. My family and friends will always say it looks good, so I stopped asking them.

Thanks Andrew, I'll work on it a ton tomorrow.

J

josephchoi

i like it
sux to say it but u need to build a thick wall of clay on the armature cuz the mold and latex will shrink...

K

kithunter

i'm PIFing you the chavant clay tomorrow, you should have it before i leave.

AM

P

pro predator

really nice colin really nice i think it will come out better than mine
well good look keep us posted
here is one of my latest shots
PICT1372.jpg

the front is molded now if ya wanted to know
today or tomorow the back is molded too

P

pro predator

this is where i see freddy

100_2136.jpg

really don't you see him perfect

M

MoviesColin

I said that to a few people in chat last night...

It looked good from the sides, but the front looked like crap.

Once I get Andrew's clay I'll spend a lot of time getting the likeness right.

B

bammatrooper

i think it need a little more off the cheeks like there would be a chunk of skin missing that is what i saw in a couple of moives

T

The Big Gunns

Colin...

I think you are getting there with this.
One thing I suggest you do is go on the net and find as many pictures of Robert Englund.. no makeup. Then sculpt that first. In order for it to really look like Freddy you need to sculpt his likeness, then go from there with the scars.

One other thing that concerns me.. are you sure that styrofoam head is life size? Because as you know latex will shrink when you run it in the mold. The head needs to be lifesize or even a little bigger would be better.

~Mel
robert_1.jpg

D

drgnfyre4

Keep going Colin. All of your efforts are going in the right direction. Keep working the form and shapes first and this will be a stand out Freddy sculpt. Patience and discipline are going to be the key, when the shapes are all proportioned right, adding the burns and charring will be your reward and will also be easier to do since you wont be fighting poor proportions to fit the scars in. I have total faith in you and have been tremendously proud of seeing how much your skills have improved in this last year!

M

MoviesColin

Patience and discipline are going to be the key, when the shapes are all proportioned right, adding the burns and charring will be your reward and will also be easier to do since you wont be fighting poor proportions to fit the scars in.

Yeah, I imagine it would be much easier to get the scars and burns in the right place, if the head is actually the right shape.

I have total faith in you and have been tremendously proud of seeing how much your skills have improved in this last year!

Thank you very much!!! You have been an invaluable guide throughout this sculpt, I appreciate you taking me under your wing and really hammering the advice and tips in and showing me where to go.

It's scary thinking about what this sculpt would look like a year ago.

Another two hours or so, it's starting to look like Robert! Something about the face stilll irks me though. I'll tackle it tomorrow.

img.photobucket.com/album...0_2166.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2167.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2169.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2170.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2171.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2172.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2173.jpg
100_2174.jpg

Another hour late last night. I bumped his chin out, widened the mouth, tapered the nose, made the nostrils smaller, lowerd the eyebrows, slanted them, widened the eye sockets, made the ears bigger, and covered the back of the head with clay.

Yes, it's purple.

I'm starting to get it. Maybe by the end of today I will be done with the likeness part... but ya never know.

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Movi...dy/100_2186.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Movi...dy/100_2186.jpg[/URL]
100_2184.jpg

D

drgnfyre4

I know its been a lot of hard work...but go back and look at your first posts...and now look at the sculpt...you can see massive improvement and a much greater likeness to Freddy. Keep it it Colin, its paying off.

D

drgnfyre4

I can see right away that youve broken thru and begun to have the proportions and look of Robert Englund there.

M

Maverick118

Colin bravo, I really think you've capture Robert Englund there. You've got the basic forms down now refine it and take your pics of your sculpt and compare them with the reference material you should have around your sculpt when you work. Just need to tweak it a little around the eys I think mate. I love WIP stuff like this.

M

MoviesColin

Mav, I'm sure I would have caught this before I molded it, but after you mentioned the eyes, I realized that the eyeline was about an inch higher than it should have been! I lowered them and made the "puffs" under the eyes and lo and behold, Robert Englund!

None of the previous stages in the sculpt really excited me, but seeing this stage really got me going. It looks like him!!!

The pictures don't quite do it justice, sitting here beside me he looks like Englund!!!

img.photobucket.com/album...0_2205.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2206.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2207.jpg
img.photobucket.com/album...0_2210.jpg
100_2211.jpg

RobertEngl_Grani_1370032_400.jpg