Combining Talents See Post #160 For Details! Hotttt!

MEANGENE83

Hunter
Gears are spinning over here. Urban wet alley way, Boar Predator lurking in the steam, with Lasers on! I smell field trip!

torredator

Blooded
Unless we want to make the sequel to "Predators" and try to talk Fox into distributing it.
i work in the news corporation building in New York where a division of 20th century fox is located, I would be more than willing to talk to the marketing manager there and ask her about our project! Maybe we can do this, all I need are story boards with a good enough story line and whatever other ideas we may come up with so I can give her a presentation! The idea is set and I think we should roll with it. Who knows maybe we could get funded and get real publicity for the Lair!!!

eaglewood

Hunter
i work in the news corporation building in New York where a division of 20th century fox is located, I would be more than willing to talk to the marketing manager there and ask her about our project! Maybe we can do this, all I need are story boards with a good enough story line and whatever other ideas we may come up with so I can give her a presentation! The idea is set and I think we should roll with it. Who knows maybe we could get funded and get real publicity for the Lair!!!
We probably arent going to go to the extent of storyboards and such. There will just be a common thing required in all videos. These are basically from the minds of everyone here and then will be combined to make a collage of talent . Everything will be professionally edited and merged as well as the soundtrack overlay. We will need help from people that have this expertise.
The submissions for the videos should be in a mpg format and no longer than 90 seconds. We will have to edit obviously for time sake. So give us the best 90 seconds that you can
Will give you an address to send these to soon.
Until further notice the deadline will be Dec 31 but possibly sooner We will need time to edit ,transiton, do the stuff we need to do in order to present it the way we are thinking. More to come on that later.
So start on these and make them crazy!

Uratz

Hunter

Should talk to these folks and just ask them "what ifs" questions and see how they respond.

I got a friend of a friend who's in the "Movie Biz" who knows Jonathan Davis replied me with negatives after telling them about my Prophecy of Cetanu storyline as
basically " Davis gotta love your idea and willing to protect you all the way." All the cut throat-ness of Hollywood writers, agents, directors and all these "Pros" are basically hot shits
that don't take crap from unestablished writers, much less "fans."

It really takes someone of Influence willing to see the potential in $$$ Box office and the willingness to stick to integrity of the story. Most likely than not, even if we have
a shoot-able screenplay/ script it will be raped to hell by Fox execs and their re-writes.

So its good thing we don't have a story yet and better off saving the good ideas for yourself and shooting it like S.E.E.D. and getting a good fan reaction on youtube or whatever media we can
see Fan's reactions and view counts. This will provide good marketing data to see how the idea performs without the studio risking Big Bucks on some crazy Fan film.

If we have anything worth doing, just do it all ourselves. Don't approach them.
We do the hard work as "unestablished" FX artist, Directors, camera guy, editors, writers etc. and make our mark with the best fan shot film possible without FOX's help
and if we gain a huge response I bet you all the money in the world FOX will cough up Dollars to do this Proper.

Good Luck to Us Fans!

eaglewood

Hunter
Should talk to these folks and just ask them "what ifs" questions and see how they respond

Good Luck to Us Fans!
Never hurts to ask. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Let us know what you find out.

My church recently did a feature film on next to no budget with marginal video cameras and it just got picked up for North American distribution and then is being dubbed anf formatted for internatonal distribution. All from a little church inMichigan. It can be done. PS the film is called REAL. Will be carried in Walmart, netflix, Pureflix, redbox, etc.

Uratz

Hunter
Never hurts to ask. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Let us know what you find out.

My church recently did a feature film on next to no budget with marginal video cameras and it just got picked up for North American distribution and then is being dubbed anf formatted for internatonal distribution. All from a little church in Michigan. It can be done. PS the film is called REAL. Will be carried in Walmart, netflix, Pureflix, redbox, etc.
Yes, but Your church never ask Fox or the movie studio for money first then shooting it. You guys had it all done by yourself FIRST with money from your own pockets.

I'm just proposing like your original idea which is to Just Do It all ourselves. Of course I am curious as to what the Fox Market Exec says. cuz I am open to all possibilities like
maybe FOX is tired of Hollywood's regurgitation of their own ideas and finally let the Fans contribute to rebirth the Predator Franchise again.

eaglewood

Hunter
Yes, but Your church never ask Fox or the movie studio for money first then shooting it. You guys had it all done by yourself FIRST with money from your own pockets.

I'm just proposing like your original idea which is to Just Do It all ourselves. Of course I am curious as to what the Fox Market Exec says. cuz I am open to all possibilities like
maybe FOX is tired of Hollywood's regurgitation of their own ideas and finally let the Fans contribute to rebirth the Predator Franchise again.
I agree--- do it all ourselves!

Wittmann8844

Blooded
Fabulous idea and yes I can relate to the potential short falls mentioned previously. I'm in too... I'll be happy to coordinate and assist with any So Cal Hunters involved... I've got sound FX experience, painting both practical and digital... Lots of design experience and I also do storyboards but I guess you ruled that out... I'll soon have both a complete Wolf and P1...

Cheers..

Dave

dboyslade

Blooded
Sounds Great!

Eaglewood:
I'm pretty busy from one day to the next ... but if there's need for help just let me know.

MEANGENE83

Hunter
To keep the creative juices flowing...

I already have picked out an Alley Way in Boston, MA which will be where I do some recording. I seen the alley years ago when visiting a friend at work, I walked out the loading dock and it was one of those places you goto and say "Damn, it would be cool to film a movie here."

Google map it if your bored.

Providence Street, Boston, MA.

One particular section of the street is interesting visually. Tall buildings and graffiti. The last time I was there, the restaurants vents where pumping huge amounts of steam from the vents on the back side of the building. Take all that and a little rain... wicked cool!

eaglewood

Hunter
Im still going to pursue this , even if its on a smaller scale as It doesnt look like the interest is there. I may start contacting various people individually to see if you are interested.
Lets get this going!!!

lflank

Hunter
Im still going to pursue this , even if its on a smaller scale as It doesnt look like the interest is there. I may start contacting various people individually to see if you are interested.
Lets get this going!!!

I'm still in. Just let me know what you're looking for. What's the common thing you want in them all?

munson

Hunter
I really like the idea of a "lair made film". A film showcasing all the talents of the members around the world. I'm not experienced in special effects, editing, etc... and am actually in the process of making my first suit...a custom bad blood, which I hope to have done by this summer.

I've toyed around with the idea of eventually doing my own fan film and have an ending to it [it would be a pred vs pred fan film].

The only thing I think I could offer [besides support] is a storyline or setting [once my suits done, I'm in northeast pa]. I live in a 250 year old coal mining town. In the woods, there are some old mining machinery, some old stone/concrete buildings that look like their falling apart, a few closed mine shafts, some heavy woods, etc...

lflank

Hunter
, I'm in northeast pa]. I live in a 250 year old coal mining town.

Which one? I grew up in Nazareth and lived in Allentown before moving to Florida, and my sister lives in Pen Argyl.

(When I tell people in Florida that I was born in Bethlehem and grew up in Nazareth, they look at me funny.) :D

xdmray

Elite Hunter
i knew it would be hard to do a cohesive plot line being all over the world. so im glad you thought of a montage. i had similar thoughts as well. doing a showcase of the talent but better than a 3 min youtube video would be really cool.

but.........
if we wanted to do a cohesive plot, my idea is a planetary invasion by the preds. one giant hunt worldwide. you do several separate stories from the different locations all tied together by dialogue. that way it is not imperative that characters be filmed together, ie lair member in france and in us.

munson

Hunter
Which one? I grew up in Nazareth and lived in Allentown before moving to Florida, and my sister lives in Pen Argyl.

(When I tell people in Florida that I was born in Bethlehem and grew up in Nazareth, they look at me funny.) :D
I'm in Shamokin, about an hour and a half northeast of Harrisburg.

xdmray...I really like the idea of a "global hunt".

xdmray

Elite Hunter
another way to collaborate and still make fanfilms is to do a collection of shorts. like the Animatrix.

people are already making fan films, this is just a way to get them all in one film.

lflank

Hunter
another way to collaborate and still make fanfilms is to do a collection of shorts. like the Animatrix.

people are already making fan films, this is just a way to get them all in one film.

I suggested this earlier too. It would be relatively quick to do--we'd just have to have some editors volunteer to splice them together into a reel, and have everyone send their fan films in.