Concrete Jungle modified Celtic bio

M

Mr Fett

Here is the Concrete Jungle bio, made from a Weaselflinger Bio - Original, not recast. This bio was completed for the 2005 Michigan Prop Party....one month before the video game actually came out.

Like I said before the ezboard blitz, I only had those 2 images to work from that Kithunter posted here a few months before the game came out. I knew I had to build up the cheeks differently and the mouth was different also, as were the cheek "wheels" and the section inside each cheek that has those "spikes" on the original Celtic bio...and the Concrete Jungle one didn't appear to have.

When I built up the cheeks (with sintra and plumber's epoxy putty), I had to make them all bumpy like the original helmet was so it blended into the Weaselflinger's surface. Now I know the picture reference I had made the helmet appear more smooth then bumpy or hammered or whatever you want to call it, but I had to match my helmet. I also filled in the triangular pieces under the eyes on the original Celtic with the same plumber's putty.

The headspikes are metal Tusken Raider headspikes on top of a piece of sintra. The mouth was 2 layers of sintra sheeting, glued to each other and heatgunned around the existing shape of the Weaselflinger Celtic mouth. The cheek "wheels" are actually the bottom sections of the resin "spikes" that would have been used with the normal Celtic; the centers drilled out and then glued around the existing nubs on the Weaselflinger cheeks.

The eye lens looked to be black on the 2 reference pics, so I just installed dark limo tint for them.

Paint was Flat Black, then Industrial Aluminum, followed by acrylic washes of black and 3 colors of brown, to give it that dirty urban city look, like the game was supposed to take place in.....and no, I still haven't actually seen the game played in person yet.

Eat your heart out, King Jamie Bio of the Month club!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Fett

Thank you, master!

A couple more minor details.....the laser pod thing was chipped a bit, so I had to cut it out and replace it with another resin one I had lying around. Not my best work, but hopefully the weathering hides my not smooth edges.

It also appeared the cheeks didn't have those 'spikes' like on the normal Celtic, but smaller detail pieces more hidden. So, I browsed Home Depot and found some kind of faucet or drain type little round things with a rounded screen section connected to a rubber o-ring. I drilled a hole through the helmet and mounted these in place of the resin spike. This allowed 2 air holes in the bio, with the screen covering them. I also cut out the recessed square in the center of the original mouth, which also allows air to go in and out around the sides of the new sintra layered mouth. voila! 3 ventilation points for the wearer.

X

xmodkid13

wow awsome job! man i wish i had a predator mask and helmet like that!

[img noborder]http://file://C Documents%20and%20SettingscoryMy%20DocumentsMy%20Picturesthe%20predaqtor.bmp[/img]

S

Siccx Degree

Very nice Scarface bio, all you're missing is a lil bit of red paint across the left side of it, looking good!

P

P3aceMaker

also it would be cool if the spikes are pointed, but that might hurt you drop it and someone, ouch lol

M

Mr Fett

There's red paint on it? Can you post some screenshots? I haven't seen the game played in person yet. I only had this to work off of:

the-predators-arsenal-20040813062935358.jpg

predator-concrete-jungle-20040903045313899.jpg

Yeah, the pointy spikes would rock but I had some metal Tusken Raider headspikes lying around so used those instead.

M

Mr Fett

Kinda like he killed someone and the blood splattered up his helmet?

P

PredatoRob

Actually, he's blind in that eye. Kind of a neat twist if you ask me- the being blind part, not how he ended up blind. You'd have to play the game to see the explaination.

Hence his nickname "Scarface".

P

P3aceMaker

grab a chair and some popcorn, its story time.

it was a dark and storm-- it was a dark and calm night. Scarface was hunting the crimelord of the city, bruno borgia and chased him down to a chruch by the looks of it. the predator killed a bunch of his henchmen and finally got to him. but b4 that bruno was talking to his wife while she was in labor....inside a church. when he heard about his men he immediately geared up with the guys that were still alive and battled this mighty predator. he lost and the predator gutted and skinned him as a trophy. he then proceeded to his wife who had just given birth to hunter borgia. but he was a sickly baby. the predator walked up to her and she was yelling at the pred, then she pulled a gun on him. he shot his eye. BAM!
the predator was injured but he managed to jump out the huge stained glass window behind her. in his hasty retreat he left behind his helmet, and some weapons. as for the baby, he survived, but only becuase of the predator's blood. when his mother shot him the blood landed on him, prolonging and saving his life. but for the abandoned technology however, borgia industries managed to study and duplicate it. thereby making hunter the new and most powerful crimelord. the technology was called promethius tech. as for scarface, while he was running he fell down a building and was injured. he activated his self-destruct sequence. this predator's self destruct was his ship. his ship blew half the town apart. but the predator survived and was ashamed. his fellow clan brothers arrived and picked him up and dropped him off on a xenomorph (alien) infested planet. they left him there for 100 years to redeem himself. they brought him back to earth for final redemption. the humans had harnessed the predator's technology and have abused it. he went to earth to redeem himself......

B

bammatrooper

YAY I FOUND IT
WOW that looks awsome man
but it would be cool if it had those spikey spikes on it

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
Talk about reviving an old thread from 2005. :(

Actually, I've dug this helmet back out and started working on it again recently, with plans underway to finish a full costume for my next suit. I've already got a bunch of the pieces I'm going to use. For the helmet, I did change out the Tusken Raider headspikes I was using with actual pointed ones a couple months ago.

Those production pics are different than the way they actually portrayed him onscreen in the game, so I'm going to be doing a combination from whatever angles I can see. One thing I noticed is that he's got way shorter dreads than most Preds I've seen, basically just to the bottom of his collar. The Production shots also have no red paint on him, and in the game he's got red paint on the bio and chest armor. Everyone told me to put the red paint on him cause that's how you see him in the game.

Siccx

Blooded
I'm really looking forward to some new pics when it's done, Scarface's story is great and the game deserves some sort of sequel on the current gen systems. That costume is going to come out killer, with all the chainmail, spikes and everything...

Leea

Unblooded
Hi, I was lead artist on "Concrete Jungle" and this thread just caught my eye. I designed the costumes for the game and this one was called "Medieval Pred". It was just a quick sketch and wasn't supposed to be the main costume but the publishes like it allot and wanted it as the main Predator. I also did a sketch of a Predator in full Samurai armour as well as two designs for what we called the "Ritual Pred" which where very tribal, covered in lots of bones etc. One of these also had an aliens head on each shoulder. There was another that was a stripped down Predator with no armour at all and he was covered in painted tribal markings.
I'll try and dig these designs out and scan them in if there is any interest (these where done a few yeas ago and aren't the best drawings in the world though).
Would really love to see a full "Concrete jungle" costume.
Lee.

Leea

Unblooded
Also...there is a drawing of a "Barbarian" Pred, lots of medieval armour and bear skins etc.
Lee.

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
Leea, thanks for joining us. I would love to see those designs!!!!!!!! Please post them! :( I need your thoughts here since you are the designer :rolleyes: , was the red paint on his armor supposed to be that.....red paint for a different look? Or was it supposed to be splatter of human blood? If it was supposed to be blood, then why does he even have it at the beginning of the game on the training levels?

Being that real chain maille for his T-shirt and underskirt would be really heavy for convention costuming purposes, I found a very nice upholstery material that I will be using instead. It has a cool texture that makes it look very similar to the screencaps from the game's suit, and is a gunmetal type color. It should work well when blended with the other pieces.

I can see how he is Celtic Predator influenced, but with a lot of variations. As I said in the top of this old thread, I modified my Weaselflinger Celtic helmet using those production photos before the game actually came out. I'll get some new pics up shortly once you let me know about the red paint. Use it or not?