Cooking in the Mask

fantazar

Blooded
I've read how people have stated they literally boil inside a full mask and I also put some thought into this before putting my mask together.

Here is my solution to this problem and yes, it does work ;)

Take 1 (or 2) Slimline Ps2 cooling fans.
Insert them into the roof of a cycling Helmet (inner only) by cutting away the centre pieces so you can wedge the fan/s in.
Be sure to wedge the OPEN SIDE (not top/bottom) facing the front and back (if using 2 fans)

Glue the fans in securely with the wires out to the side (the same side helps if using 2 fans)
Glue or foam fill your cycling inner to the inside of your mask.
Join the wires of your fans together and run your wires out the neck.
Connect to a 9v battery.

I'm going to run mine down to my Gauntlet to a switch so I can easily turn the fans off/on.

Enjoy the breeze

cooler.jpg

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
I have a little cpu fan in my mask as well. I use an open faced undermask, and have the bio connected by velcro to the top of the head. I have a P2 bio, so I cut out all the little indents on the right eye side and put some screen behind it. Then mounted a cpu fan angled so it sucks outside air through those holes and blows it across my forehead.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
I can't fit that kinda helmet in my mask. How does it fit in a full over the head mask? How do you keep from getting your hair stuck into the fans?

MisserCraig

Blooded
i've got a similar setup inside the facemask of my vader lid. the difference the fans make is phenomenal. i'm also curious though, what keeps your hair from spinning up in that?

fantazar

Blooded
Shave your head,

No seriously, my hair is short though and I don't have any problem.

My mask is DB P2 and the style of Helmet inner I have fits perfectly inside and also, the contour is exactly the same as the top of the head, so the mask keeps it's shape.

i've got a similar setup inside the facemask of my vader lid. the difference the fans make is phenomenal. i'm also curious though, what keeps your hair from spinning up in that?