Coolprops Guardian Predator Helmet (Gort Helmet)

TRI LASER

Hunter
Art Andrews said:
Same here. At one point, Prop Store had all the Predators from AVP, AVP2 and the Berseker. I don't know if they ever had the others from PREDATORS or not.
The only one I saw was the berserker and it was the stunt suit I believe. But the Bio was the battle damaged hero If I'm not mistaken. Don't know if it has been sold or not or just kept. They did have the falconer but it had gone back to KNBfx before I went there. Think it's in the entrance to there offices now. I was a bit gutted they didn't have more predator stuff when I went but the rest of the movie pieces from other films was pretty damn cool I thought.  :)

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
That is the same one I saw. They had all of the suits for AVP and AVP2 in the LA office for quite a while. I was blown away just how huge those pieces were.

keith 276

Unblooded
Just about to order one of these for myself.
I love the display stand, but at the same time I almost wish it didn't come with it, as I don't have any display stands for my other predator helmets.

Keith.

keith 276

Unblooded
I'm a bit lost here. It turns out that the place i ordered this helmet with is not getting them until the end of this year. On the sideshow site they have it listed as the ship date as the 3rd qtr 2014. Yet other places and also ebay are selling them now. I'm in the UK though so shipping from them is high and then there will be customs fees.
Whats going on with these shipping dates ranging from now to December?

Keith.

inkmonster

Hunter
I heard they wernt offering them to the U.K. for some reason. Some one told me sideshow isnt even selling them to the U.K. I dont know if thats true or not there definatly out though I got mine a couple days after Art did from Japan. And ordered a second one from sideshow.
keith_276 said:
I'm a bit lost here. It turns out that the place i ordered this helmet with is not getting them until the end of this year. On the sideshow site they have it listed as the ship date as the 3rd qtr 2014. Yet other places and also ebay are selling them now. I'm in the UK though so shipping from them is high and then there will be customs fees.
Whats going on with these shipping dates ranging from now to December?

Keith.
IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2573.JPG

inkmonster

Hunter
I think I took a couple but there on my computer at home. Pretty plain just smooth with 3 magnets in the top of it. No LEDs the Gort bio didnt have laser sights on it. I believe none of the lost hunter preds had them. If my memory suits me the Ram, Gort and Boar helmets didnt have a set of lasers.
MANGA-PREDATOR said:
any pics of the back helmet?  and this did not come with LED right?

inkmonster

Hunter
I think so actually my first one cost me close to 500.00 after shipping from Japan. The second was 399.00 through sideshow plus 50 for shipping.
MANGA-PREDATOR said:
almost hit the trigger....i love Gort design, and looks pretty screen accurate.

is $350 worth the price!?!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
As I mentioned before... I am not super crazy about the factory paint job on the Gort helmet so I am finally having someone do something about it!!

First step? Back to silver!

cool-props-gort-repaint-01.jpg

Last edited:

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Looks great, Mike! I hope the guys do a good job on this one. I have high hopes as this is one of my all-time-favorite Predator helmet designs and I think it deserves a top notch paint job.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I also really like the mesh in your lenses. I think it adds a nice bit of depth. I debated it, but since that seemed to be a P2 addition, I just left the basic lenses intact.

TRI LASER

Hunter
Well its lenses behind the mesh as well. I couldn't decide on which to have so opted for both lol. I think either would be cool mate. :)

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
OK... it isn't finished, but the painter sent me this pic today and I am REALLY starting to get excited about this repaint. SOOO SOOO much better than the factory paintjob. Can't wait to get it back home and take better pics!

So... original paint on the left. Close-to-complete repaint on the right.

cool-props-gort-repaint-02.jpg

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Another shot from the painter compared to the original (after it had been modded for Predator 2).

cool-props-gort-repaint-03.jpg

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Finally got my helmet back from Tom Spina Designs. ABSOLUTELY LOVE the paint job! They really captured the feel of the Gort helmet so much better than the original factory paintjob!

predator-gort-mask-repaint-01.jpg

predator-gort-mask-repaint-02.jpg

predator-gort-mask-repaint-03.jpg

predator-gort-mask-repaint-04.jpg

predator-gort-mask-repaint-05.jpg

predator-gort-mask-repaint-06.jpg

predator-gort-mask-repaint-07.jpg

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
I have to say it is definitely an improvement to reflect it's Screen Used brother. It is also amazing on how the paint will give it such a much narrower look as oppose to the Factory paint-up will make the mask look wider in comparison.