Custom P1 Build - Molding Feet 10/3/13 - Nord Predator

BonzRus

Hunter
Looking good. Keep working on what you can. A little here, a little there and eventually you will be done. Are you still looking to get your dreads from bambooie? The reason I ask is that others seem to be having difficulty getting them so I wasn't sure if you have had any contact with him or not? Dreads seem to be a tough thing to make and get in general so I wasn't sure.

Steve

XilianX2010

Blooded
BonzRus said:
Looking good. Keep working on what you can. A little here, a little there and eventually you will be done. Are you still looking to get your dreads from bambooie? The reason I ask is that others seem to be having difficulty getting them so I wasn't sure if you have had any contact with him or not? Dreads seem to be a tough thing to make and get in general so I wasn't sure.

Steve
I'm still saving up for 50 of his dreads. I almost there. I had heard that Bambooie was out of reach for a bit, but I thought he came back. I'm unsure if you can contact him or not. 

And thank you for the feedback, I'm really liking your bio forum, very awesome new way to make a bio :)

wonko

Hunter
Bambooie has been MIA since June of last year.  I've tried contacting him numerous times via PM and email, without response.  Your best bet is to find someone who has some for sale in the marketplace, or spend an arm and a leg to get some off Ebay.  

Brian

BonzRus

Hunter
wonko said:
Bambooie has been MIA since June of last year.  I've tried contacting him numerous times via PM and email, without response.  Your best bet is to find someone who has some for sale in the marketplace, or spend an arm and a leg to get some off Ebay.  

Brian
Thanks Brian, I wasn't sure but I didn't want her to be anticipating getting dreads from him and waste a lot of time trying to do so only to find out it wouldn't happen.

Steve 

Spats

Blooded
Niceeeee! I would've left the toe space in the middle and just ran the whole sandal strap deal through the bit of empty space. 
What you did works well too though!

XilianX2010

Blooded
Spats said:
Niceeeee! I would've left the toe space in the middle and just ran the whole sandal strap deal through the bit of empty space. 
What you did works well too though!
Thank's for the feedback :)

XilianX2010

Blooded
Another update! Hunters Moon beads came! They are amazing! I'll have to put the feet on hold as I paint the beads. I think I'll buy dreadlocks from Milk, he makes ones long enough length, and hopefully they won't be very expensive. But here are some pictures of the armor, the beads, and the beads on my mask and homemade dreads.
IMG_2955_zps59af0346.jpg

IMG_2956_zpsefa1e32d.jpg

IMG_2961_zps001fa8d9.jpg

IMG_2962_zpse704af94.jpg

IMG_2963_zpsc5c484a1.jpg

Belt Armor
IMG_2957_zpsac06555c.jpg

Chest Armor
IMG_2958_zps86419992.jpg

Thigh Armor
IMG_2959_zps849914f3.jpg

Leg Armor
IMG_2960_zps6bf3ed40.jpg

Thanks for viewing :)

-XilianX2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow missed this.  Nice beads, if I do say so myself.  lol  Really dig the blue Pred.  Always wanted to try my hand at one.  Anyway, looks like it's all coming together.  (y)

XilianX2010

Blooded
Somehow missed this.  Nice beads, if I do say so myself.  lol  Really dig the blue Pred.  Always wanted to try my hand at one.  Anyway, looks like it's all coming together.  (y)

Thanks :D i'll put up picssoon of the painted beads :) and once more clay is made, and dreads are purchased, and a new seal...i'll have more pics up.
Well it'll be a bit lol

XilianX2010

Blooded
Some quick pics, finished painting the beads, I'll be getting the dreads soon. Once I can get my hand son better clay, and more of it, and I can keep goingon the feet. Purchasing the hands soon will be great too. Annnnd more paint. Anyway, here's the beads:

IMG_2964_zpsf2be95e8.jpg

IMG_2966_zpsacb375a0.jpg

IMG_2967_zpsfbc6156c.jpg

IMG_2969_zps733b74a8.jpg

IMG_2970_zps9d31d1a6.jpg

IMG_2971_zps62c1750b.jpg

IMG_2972_zps875013c0.jpg

IMG_2973_zps0ac295bd.jpg

IMG_2974_zpsd0713777.jpg

IMG_2975_zps9894890e.jpg

IMG_2976_zps421d4703.jpg

That's all for now. What's the best oil-based clay to use anyway? What do you guys use? Monster Maker clay? or just regular sculpey clay?

Stay tuned :)

-XilianX2010

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePriest

Blooded
Nice job my fellow predator.
I use regular oil clay from any hobby store i purghased mine several years ago from a FX company just make sure it is fairly soft or it's a bitch to get out of your molds
And another good tip for making your armor look worn is use a soldering gun tip and touch it to the kid foam it will give you some good hammered metal effects. I also use a dremal with the sanding tool on it and gut in wear marks just be careful it cuts like hot butter.

wonko

Hunter
I've used Monster clay, and love the stuff.  Starts out pretty hard, but as you work it, it warms up and becomes a very easy to work.  It's a wax/oil based clay, so it has a little different feel to it, and holds detail extremely well.  I've also used Chavant medium, and Klean Klay.  Of the 2, I really like the Klean Klay, but unfortunately you can't get it any more.  There's a pottery place a few miles from my house that I get all my clay and plaster from, and they have a "generic" oil based clay that seems okay, but I haven't done much with it.  It's pretty cheap, so I may end up going with that once I start working on my bio.  I have no experience with Sculpey, but have heard of people using it, but it seems expensive for the amount you get (at least around here).

Brian

XilianX2010

Blooded
Thanks :) One of retired art teacher's husband says there's a way too make your own oil-based clay, but I'll keep Monster clay in mind :) thank you

You made quick work of all those beads.  Nice. 

I might throw some tips out there if you like.  You can mix a small batch of your black acrylic 50% water and 50% paint to make a wash.  Dip a brush and go over a wood bead quickly, then wipe it down with some cloth.  It make take a few tries but you'll get the hang of it.  This will leave dark colors in the groves of the beads and make your lighter colors pop more.  You can use a thicker paint mix for the tribal beads and it will do the same, if you like.

Look forward to your progress.  (y)

XilianX2010

Blooded
A Hunter's Moon said:
You made quick work of all those beads.  Nice. 

I might throw some tips out there if you like.  You can mix a small batch of your black acrylic 50% water and 50% paint to make a wash.  Dip a brush and go over a wood bead quickly, then wipe it down with some cloth.  It make take a few tries but you'll get the hang of it.  This will leave dark colors in the groves of the beads and make your lighter colors pop more.  You can use a thicker paint mix for the tribal beads and it will do the same, if you like.

Look forward to your progress.  (y)
Thanks :D I added some slight shades of red ink too some of the P1 beads to give them more of a wooden look. I'll try that 50/50 water/black paint idea, so great. Thanks for the feedback :D