Custom Plasma caster - any comments?

R

Round Hammer

Well I had one going a few months back, but it just wasn't turning out like I hoped. I then picked up a watergun that I've had lying around for years and saw some potential in it. I cut it down, added on another part for the plasma generator and I think I have something really good going. My main concern presently is that the plasma generator (cylinder on the top/back) sticks out too far on either side. What do you all think?
Overall, the gun is about 12 inches long and 2 to 3 inches wide in the main body.

g2ca5.jpg

g1mp9.jpg

M

MEANGENE83

Hey dude. Looks good man. Great find.

What i would do about it sticking out on the sides is get a HACK SAW and cut out a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch section.
However much ya want basically and make it look more streamlined. That should do it i would guees.

A

acerhater

Thats nice. You could really do something with that. I agree with Gene, it needs to have some cout out of the middle to make it narrower.

P

pirkleations

That will look awesome painted up when it's done.

The Star Wars candy dispenser was an inspired and bold move for the plasma generator!! Great idea!!!

~DangerDavey

R

Round Hammer

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Pirk, I can't believe you recognized that part! I was really having a hard time figuring what to use for the generator, and that candy container was sitting right in front of me, SCREAMING to be used.

R

Round Hammer

Here's an idea.
I really like the vents the candy container has going. What if I cut those down where I marked in red, do you think that would be enough?
g1mp91zp4.jpg

I'd cut out some of the middle of it, but where it rests there is nothing solid under it. The container is just riding on raised panels. If I make it skinnier it won't be able to sit on the gun. In other words, my only option is to take more off the ends.

P

Polygon

Wow, that really is going to look fantastic when fully painted. Nice find with the water gun, I think that should definitely do the trick.

K

kithunter

I think it's an awesome idea.

you never know what you find, till you see it through the eyes of a hunter.

keep this thread updated with your progress

R

Round Hammer

Will do.

I just cut down the ends of the generator a few days ago, just have to find something appropriate to cap the ends off with.