Custom Predator sword

R

Round Hammer

Been working on this for awhile now. Used the Alien jaws kit Raptor Arts was selling a little while back for the handle. The blade is made of wood, covered with wood filler, sanded down and a coat of Rub 'N Buff added to give it that metalic feel. It doesn't show in the pictures, but the blade surface is somewhat reflective. I could have gone with a chrome finish using AlClad, but all the knifes I have, have a dull finish to them, so that's what I went for. Handle was painted using spraypaint for the overall color, then I added washes of green and black. The teeth were painted using Testors aluminum enamel. The beads were leftovers that I had sitting around, and I threw in some bones I had from a snapping turtle.
It's got a great heft to it, feels just about how a sword should. Measures about 40" long.

sword67zq.jpg

sword57ol.jpg

sword44pk.jpg

sword39al.jpg

sword27ob.jpg

sword14ip.jpg

P

pirkleations

Very, very cool!! Great job on that Sword. Very creative use of a petrified alien tongue!! Now, throw some blood on the blade and it's ready to display!!!

DangerDavey

M

Maverick118

Indeed....Love the tongue being used as the hilt. Nice work mate, you should be proud of that I know I would. As dave said whack some blood on it and it'll look fantastic.

R

Round Hammer

Thanks for the comments you two. And blood would look cool, but the Predator who owns this likes to keep his weapons clean.

S

Shataan

I have one of Raptors jaws as well. Too bad it is foamfilled. A solid resin jaw would allow for some cool handle shaping and carving.

R

recoil1701

Wow!! very nice blade, my compliments on the work most original. I like the petrified alien tongue. cudos to you!!!!

Jesus

R

Round Hammer

Wookie gunner, go for it! But I would ask that you atleast keep your blade design original...just so they can retain some individuality.

Recoil, thank you very much. I saw the weapons you made, simply awesome work!

trigga

Unblooded
Been working on this for awhile now. Used the Alien jaws kit Raptor Arts was selling a little while back for the handle. The blade is made of wood, covered with wood filler, sanded down and a coat of Rub 'N Buff added to give it that metalic feel. It doesn't show in the pictures, but the blade surface is somewhat reflective. I could have gone with a chrome finish using AlClad, but all the knifes I have, have a dull finish to them, so that's what I went for. Handle was painted using spraypaint for the overall color, then I added washes of green and black. The teeth were painted using Testors aluminum enamel. The beads were leftovers that I had sitting around, and I threw in some bones I had from a snapping turtle.
It's got a great heft to it, feels just about how a sword should. Measures about 40" long.

i go with the blood idea but put alien blood on.