Cyber-Predators....?

P

pirkleations

Hey...

I've got an interesting question.
Would it be possible for a Yautja to have a mechanical prosthesis after being injured(but not defeated) in a hunt? I'm thinking of giving my hunter a cybernetic arm and claw.
With the technology that the Yautja posess, I cannot imagine that they would not be able to compensate very easily for a lost leg or arm with "rudimentary" robotic limbs.

Feel free to add your thoughts on this topic!!!

DangerDavey

J

JAILER1955

I like the idea, it's different. In the story lines, I think that the predators make reference to growing new limbs.

S

Seanf1979

Thats a good point. Humans have done it in the movies so yeah predators would be able to. Grow them back?? Ummmm eh? I dont remember reading anything like that.

P

pirkleations

Jailer1955,

Good point, J!
The Yaujta ARE reptillian. Maybe they can grow back limbs like some of the species of lizards that can grow back their tails after they are severed. If that is the case, I think that my Predator may not have that genome.

Any other Yaujta experts want to enlighten us?

DangerDavey

J

JAILER1955

Consider this. The predator species is known to use captured technolgy. Why can't the predator be useing bio-mechanical implants or an exoskeleton to enhance its physical abilities against,,,say a Queen alien?

P

pirkleations

J-'55,

I like your way of thinking. It just gets me all the more stoked to do a Cyber-Yautja. More often than not, my costume works have only been improved through "captured" technology. There doesn't seem to be much of anything that can't be spiced up with a bit of cyber-bling and lots of tubing!!

DangerDavey

S

Shovel Face Sharky

I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume either.
WIth their story, they could grow back limbs and the technology they have they could incorporate bio-mechanics... or they could even have something where they grow new limbs seperately and then attach them. I've seen something a while ago where scientists grew a human ear in a petrie dish... maybe they can do something like that as well???
Whatever it is, I think it's a pretty cool idea. I wouldn't do it to mine, but that doesn't mean I don't think it would be a bad thing

J

JAILER1955

Design and control.
These are the hard parts. A design that would flatter and accent the predator, move with it and not take attention away from the whole. I know that some of the design would be incorperated into the skin with some add-ons, then there would be an external mounted power assist skeleton. The framework would need a look that did not remind them of a remote 'Waldo" used in a reactor core, or the big yellow loader that Ripley used in 'ALIENS". It could be constructed as a step into unit, an extension of the strap on armor.

Once that is solved, then control becomes harder. The desire to go one more tube, light and bracket, UNTIL you end up with a Borg. Not good for a predator.

It's time to start drawing!
You have your work cut out for you.

P

pirkleations

J-'55,

I'll likely keep any cyber-weaponry streamlined and matched to the armor style and, of course, use only "hunter-tested, Queenhunter-approved" designs as my basis. I agree that when it comes to the Yaujta, cumbersome armor is just that, cumbersome!(Too much armor can make a Hunter a slow, easy target for Xenomorphs! See AVP for prime examples of this.)
Using the KISS(Keep it simple, silly!!) method always works the best!!! Besides, I already do enough Borg Parts to start a Collective!! Time to get back to some good old fashioned alien sculpting!
Watch for peeks at my Hive-Hunter costume design in the forseeable future!!

DangerDavey