Davey Jones POTC2 finished pics finally

D

drgnfyre4

Some of you know I am working on a Davey Jones outfit from Pirates2. Here are some of the progress shots of the outfit so far. Still a long way to go and a lot of weathering and barnacles to be cast but you get the idea!
MRP-DS150-Ca.jpg

this was the first thing I acquired that got me going on things!

DJpirateshirtcopy.jpg

the shirt came together in an afternoons worth of sewing

DJvest.jpg

a few days later I got the vest finished!

coat1.jpg

between other projects I managed to get the coat mostly finished...still need to do the embroidered button holes and all the buttons sewn on

handstest1.jpg
tenthand.jpg

Latex hands make it really hard to go to the bathroom

lobsterclaw.jpg

need to airbrush the lobster claw and tentacle hand still but its all well underway. Working on the hat this week.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Sweet looking suit your make mike. I like all the detail you put into you stuff.

Y

yautja clone

Fantastic looking Mike. Its gonna be a great costume when finished. The final weathering will really bring it to life.

And why the frown in the pics ?? Are you feeling somewhat " Crabby "

M

Maverick118

Shh Ron he's getting into character. This is going to look killer Mike. Excellent work on the finer details of the coat.

M

MoviesColin

DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg!

Can't wait to see the mask!

Are the tenticles going to be made of latex or silicone? I imagine silicone would look/feel more realistic...

S

SeaHunterr

Wow...that is looking incredible. When I saw the movie I thought I felt sorry for the poor guy who had to do that character...looked extremely complex. You must like a challenge Mike, nice job!

J

JediUsurper

incredible undertaking.

it looks feckin great so far. hope you have more frequent updates

T

The Xcalibor

Mike, that is absolutely amazing! Knowing your skill in costume making, It's gonna turn out like a freakin charm! Keep us updated on it mate.

KEITH

D

drgnfyre4

I made boots!!
BOOTS.jpg

Cheapie Walmart rubber rain boots that I made a pattern off of and covered in Butter Suede with visible tan colored top stitching.
Right now the fabric bits are on display at my job. I will be adding the Hat and the rest of the actual Davey Jones parts as they are finished. The belt and buckles are temporary as I have ordered a correct set from a pirate outfitter and should have those any day now.
display5.jpg
display3.jpg

S

Shataan

I LOVE this movie. Seen it 6 times now, and will be buying the DVD for sure. Can`t wait to see your weathering, and all the seashells and barnacles added. wOOt!! Ya gonna use plastic seashells? For lightness weightwise? Or are ya gonna use latex and use the shells for mold designs? Great fantastic job so far Mike. You WILL BE Deeeevy Jooones!!! ;p

It`d as well be cool if ya had a few crabs here and there, with red LED eyes. Peeps d dig that!

T

The Big Gunns

I still cant wait to see it with all the barnacles attached!

C

Cassiopeia1979

a friend of mine wants to get the pattern you used for the shirt.

D

drgnfyre4

I will post new pics in the next day or so...I am sooooo freakin close to being done with this thing!!!!!!!

C

Cutest SandGirl

This is going to look sweet once it's completed!! Love the detail so far.