DB gauntlets - finished!

roundhammer

Hunter
DB resin P2 style gauntlets with Grey Zon blades. Working lights and spring mounted blades. Bronze and copper drybrush over flat black, silver Rubb 'N Buff added for a patina. I initially didn't want a P2 paint scheme, but most of my armor was already this color, so I just went with it. The dry brushing is pretty washed out from the flash, but its there.

g3ti2.jpg

g5cg0.jpg

g1su3.jpg

g2sk1.jpg

g6bi3.jpg

g7hz1.jpg

roundhammer

Hunter
Thanks for the kind words.

Yep, all the stuff I used to make the gauntlet blades move was alll stuff from around the house.

shockwolf

Unblooded
They look awesome! And I'm currently rebuilding my wristbladed gauntlet and need ideas. Mind if i pinch any of yours? ;)

What kind of bracket thingamejig is that you have used for the blades to slide along there? and what kind of place could I pick one up?

roundhammer

Hunter
Again, thank you all for the kind words. ;)

Shockwolf, the bracket the blades run along is just an "L" shaped piece of plastic that I cut a channel into. I then cut two blocks of wood the same size and joined them to one another by inserting short lengths of wooden dowel rod. The wooden rods went through the channel so this helps keep the blades running a straight line. If you see anything you think will help your build, pinch away!

shockwolf

Unblooded
Again, thank you all for the kind words. :)

Shockwolf, the bracket the blades run along is just an "L" shaped piece of plastic that I cut a channel into. I then cut two blocks of wood the same size and joined them to one another by inserting short lengths of wooden dowel rod. The wooden rods went through the channel so this helps keep the blades running a straight line. If you see anything you think will help your build, pinch away!
Excellent thanks roundhammer! The bracket looked metal to me. That's a relief as plastic will be a lot easier to work with.

Cheers mate.

roundhammer

Hunter
Excellent thanks roundhammer! The bracket looked metal to me. That's a relief as plastic will be a lot easier to work with.

Cheers mate.
I used a hollow plastic square shelf leg and cut it down to only two sides, so this part was literally "off the shelf". :)

If you do go the plastic route, make sure it's thick. It has to be strong to hold up under the stress of all those other parts sliding back and forth.

shockwolf

Unblooded
Thanks again for the info. Another question though, where did you get the top half/cover of the bladed gauntlet from? or did you cast it your self?
It's probably my biggest concern at the moment with mine because it's not going to be big enough to contain a mechanism this complex. I need something bigger with more room inside that I can replace over my old one. Any suggestions? :)

Thanks for any help you can give.

roundhammer

Hunter
The cover for my gauntlet was made by DB, as was the gauntlet itself.
But you could probably do it yourself (the gaunlet cover). Buy some plastic sheets and construct one, or go to the school section of your nearest department store and look for school supply boxes...the kind kids use to house their pencils, crayons and what-not. They come in assorted sizes and are pretty cheap. All you need is to find one that's the size you need, spray with some Krylon black Fusion paint and paint/weather to your need. :)

shockwolf

Unblooded
Cheers I'll keep an eye out. I might find something useful in a toy shop too. Afterall that's where i got my gun for my shoulder cannon.

recoil1701

Blooded
Heyyyyyyyy Cool gauntlets I love the finish very metallic , I'm currently working on a few variations including AVP ones. Once again great job on these!!! :rolleyes:

Jesus