Die Hard 3!

kithunter

Elite Hunter
one of the best actions film series ever made, good to willis at it again....now if we could just get Arnie in Predator 3....

inkmonster

Hunter
yeah i allways liked the die hard films glad to see another one is in the works. i dont think you'll ever see arny in another predator film or any other films for that matter. he said as long as hes involved in politics he wont do any more films. from what i hear there allready working on a new terminator and hes not going to be in it. any release date on the new die hard film yet?

carlart

Hunter
The beginning of the preview says July 4th. Where'd you hear about the new Terminator film? Honestly, without Arnold it should not be made. He IS the terminator---period. They should not have done 3, without Cameron, without Linda Hamilton. Hell, for that matter, what was the matter with bringing back Eddie Furlong? The gy they got to replace him sucked ass! The Sarah Connor character was too strong to let die, wonder why LH wasn't in it since Cameron wasn't going to direct. She wouldn't have had to deal with him after their split. I hope that side ******** with them didn't screw up the 3rd film. Apparently neither one of them ever heard of the phrase, "you don't **** where you eat".

I always felt the third film should have been set in the future, during the war with the events that led up to the soldiers taking Cyberdyne, with the film ending as Arnie and Kyle Reese are sent back to 1984. THAT would've tied up the trilogy in a nice, tidy little bow.

But alas, Hollywood. And now it appears they're going to drag a dead horse until it falls apart.

carlart

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
Ok, flame me all you want, but I thought T3 was decent. Sure, no Hamilton, no Furlong (who was a junkie around the time of shooting, Carlart), but it gave the film a form of freshness that T2 never had, which was basically a expensive version of T1 with some story alterations. Also, it not having a happy end was great, IMO.

Downside are some corny things, like the dubbed sound on the inflatable pool in the frontlawn, the fact that Skynet uses internet and homecomputers for it's calculations (great twist IMO) is completely rendered redundant as thermonuclear bombs also induce EMP's that would shut it down soon after the first bombs strike.

So bad? Not really. Rather unexpected, yes. Daring too. But far from bad.

carlart

Hunter
I'm not going to flame you on this, I too liked the ironic twist of fate plot as well, Skynet taking over using the WWW. BUT, the formula only works when you're not planning on ending the series. Like I said, Arnold's getting too old to play the part anymore, and how many more excuses for time travel to set up a new plot for a new film can there be? If Arnold's character was 100% human, you can accept the aging process like the original crew for the Star Trek movies. But as a a robot, coming out of the same factory, same mold, it doesn't hold up. The cahracter's got limited shelf life, so you tie up the loose ends in the third and final installment and call it a day.
carlart

inkmonster

Hunter
hi carl i cant remember exactly where i found the article about the new terminator. i know it was on the internet somewhere it was a artical about stan winston. and he was apparently getting ready to start working on the props for teminator 4 so i figured if they were asking him to start the props they must allready have a script.

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
The work on T4 has started, most of it will be set in the "future" from judgement day till the fall of skynet, and ultimately render all action on all prequels redundant (if executed correctly). But that would involve alternate universes too... Helas.

Faken

Hunter
Ok first, the Die Hard flic... is that the friggin guy from the MAC commercials?!?!?! The PC and MAC ones? If so.... sad.

For the Terminator, there is indeed a 4th Terminator movie on the way, but it will not have Arnold in it. It will basically pick up after T3, what happens to John as he leads the resistance. The movie will help introduce a Terminator TV series.

Dan

Ice

Hunter
in OXM, they asked Bruce if he was going to play master chief in halo, but he said no because he was going to star in anther die hard film, and arnold character in predator will never be see agian because he was killed 9 months after he escaped the pred(watch disk 2 of pred 2, the guys who play keyes says that he died), as for terminator, they don't need arnie any more, hes was used so the tx could travel back in time
Bruce in Halo, I dont think he fits the part. But then again hummm....

ronin

Hunter
I still dig those DIEHARD flicks...they never seem to get old for me.what i mean is you can never get
tired of whatching them!

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
It will be a nice change to see a good story line and action. The movies that have been coming out lately have been pretty much crap and remakes of other movies.

ronin

Hunter
It will be a nice change to see a good story line and action. The movies that have been coming out lately have been pretty much crap and remakes of other movies.
I totally agree with you bro...but what about the the new movie "Smokin' Ace's?"
What about that movie...whats your thoughts on it?I haven't seen it yet.

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
How's this for bad action sequels....about two months ago I got a call from my film school buddy who is already working in L.A. he asked me if I wanted to come down and work on the new film he is on...Rambo 4

saw some of the script...this one is a beaut! Rambo working as a snake trapper in Thailand.

kinda thought about it for a second, but I'm a semester away from graduating, and since this is my second time around the 'ol college thing...I kinda want to get finished

BTW. haven't seen Smoking Aces yet....but the talk about it is not good. Bummer....love Jeremy Piven

ronin

Hunter
How's this for bad action sequels....about two months ago I got a call from my film school buddy who is already working in L.A. he asked me if I wanted to come down and work on the new film he is on...Rambo 4

saw some of the script...this one is a beaut! Rambo working as a snake trapper in Thailand.

kinda thought about it for a second, but I'm a semester away from graduating, and since this is my second time around the 'ol college thing...I kinda want to get finished

BTW. haven't seen Smoking Aces yet....but the talk about it is not good. Bummer....love Jeremy Piven
wow...the previews look so good though.i still gotta see it for myself!