Dogs Custom Predator.

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by BlackDog, Sep 6, 2017.

1. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

Have a geek..

JohnnyChaos, Mille2ej, Shogun and 2 others like this.
  2. agh12

agh12 Blooded

great tutorial friend, all very detailed, I hope to see more progress.

Jmen and Shogun like this.
  3. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Yes thank you very mucho BlackDog ! I understand now how it is done ....... tell me BlackDog, is it the same technique they used for the "StillSuit" of DUNE?

Jmen likes this.
  4. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

Hey Shogun!

To be honest I have no idea. I have thought they would have been sewn, but I don't see any reason why the above method wouldn't work :)

Shogun likes this.
  5. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

IMG_4872 2.JPG comin on :)

IMG_4872 2.JPG

6. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Yes actually they did this technique and added Latex over it......... ;-) Black Latex

7. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

Oh sweet!! and here was me thinking i had come up with something new lol!! Might have a crack at a Still-Suit after my Pred. :)

Shogun likes this.
  8. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

IMG_5335.jpg So I did a quick fit test on the PRED suit to check the fit and so far so good. Some have asked how I will be finishing the seams etc.

I use a Latex thickener called Dragon Snot here in NZ I mix this into the liquid latex until it is like a paste a little thicker than tooth paste. I then "pipe" this into the seams using a large syringe and them smooth over using a popsicle stick.....might be time for another quick vid lol! I will post an update on this and how it looks soon. Go hard brothers!

Jmen, LunaticNic, Isubomo and 2 others like this.
  9. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Looking like an "Ugly MotherF***er"!

and again, I mean that as a highest form of compliment :D

BlackDog likes this.
  10. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

BlackDog No man you are NOT an ugly mother****** .... man this is DOPE...!!! I wish i could have this patience to make a suit like this .... BlackDog this is amazing dude!..... (y)

BlackDog likes this.
  11. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

Hey Team! Well its been a while since I posted, but good news, I have settled my Pred Mask Sculpt! So here she is. Let me know your thoughts good AND bad.

It is VERY different from my original design. As I thought more about Enthu's Character I wanted to add a Queen Alien Feature to him as if he has had some body modification to show his position and profession. I turned the Horns in to a Comb and shaped it to give a nod to the Queen Aliens Head piece...I think it works ??

The Talons and Teeth are done and were pre-fitted then removed, I just have plugs in right now in readiness of the Mold process. I have made Magnetic sockets for these to sit in, that way I can make and fit a range of teeth/talons types and shapes, changing his look. I will show you these in detail once I have a physical mask to show them in.

The Mold will be Ultracal, why use anything else? And I think at this point will probably be 3 pieces.

I will also design the Mold to be a slush AND Core Mold. This will allow me to cast an open form mask in latex as well as a form fitted Mask in Silicone. I will take pics of building the mold.

Pretty happy so far, lets see how the Mold goes :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  12. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

BlackDog MAN this is totally AWESOME! DOPE! KICKASS! SUPERB! I really love the textures details and so much precision in your sculpting ;)

BlackDog likes this.
  13. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

Thanks Brother! I appreciate it!!

Shogun likes this.
  14. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Have to agree with shogun, amazing textures! Though I personally miss the spike crown you had. It was quite unique and aggressive looking, this is more regal but timid ... just my thoughts though also interesting to see the shift from four upper teeth to two(y)

Shogun likes this.
  15. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

LunaticNic I totally agree mate regarding the spiked version and I loved it also, but dont worry I have another character developing for that version and a few refinements regarding the crown ;) "Desert Based" was a term Wreav used that made me keep that design for a different Version.

I imagine, I will build up quiet a collection lol! Thanks man!

Shogun and LunaticNic like this.
  16. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

A collection? Now THAT is an exciting prospect!

Shogun likes this.
  17. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

This is very impressive, mate! Bravo. (y)(y)(y)

BlackDog and Shogun like this.
  18. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Yo Dog, fantastic job bro, seriously looking excellent man!! Both of the sculpts you've shown us are AAA work man, but I have to agree with Lunatic, I like the first one just a little bit better mate. Just a tad. ;D But love 'em both!

LunaticNic likes this.
  19. BlackDog

BlackDog Young Blood

Isubomo Hey thanks man, I appreciate your kind comments! I know how you feel on the V1.0 But I have decided to build a collection of masks as I REALLY enjoyed the subject! So now instead of V1.0 V1.1 etc, I am going to complete the designs based on its own merits and characters. Horny WILL return and with a real tude lol. Thank again man!

Isubomo, LunaticNic and Shogun like this.