Dragon Con

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
I'll be there for my 7th year in a row! I love Dragon Con!

No room for the Predator costumes this year but next year we're planning on bringing them again.

inkmonster

Hunter
after much thought i may have to pass again this year. been having some health issues and im just plain to damn fat to fit into my suit. unless by some miracle i can loose 20 to 30 lbs this month and about 4 inches off my stomach. i wont have enough time to make my duct tape dummy and get my suit all fitted and painted. unless i find someone close to the size im shooting for in the next couple months make a duct tape dummy of them to fit my suit to so i can paint it. i have lost 50lbs in 30 days before but it was a stress diet and couldnt hold down food for allmost a month. not the most fun way to loose weight. allthough once i got it off i felt great and started exercising and kept it off for years. so andy why wont you have room for your suits? is your car that small? hopefully my suit will atleast be ready for the halloween contest.

Jedislayer91

Unblooded
I will be there and hope to have my pred done by then, i will be going either way and I look forward to meeting some you, I'm sure i already have havimg been the last 5 years.

mark

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
so andy why wont you have room for your suits? is your car that small?

No, it's just that there are 5 of us riding down in my Aztek anyway, each of us with multiple other non-Predator costumes we're bringing, and our Predator costume tubs are bigger than any other costume tub we own! :)

inkmonster

Hunter
unfortunatly for me unless i can come up with a dog sitter it looks like dragon con is off me me again. my dad will be up during that time and if he can and is up to it i may see if he can watch the house and pooch for that weekend. and maybe have my sis make a few stops out here to check up on the both of them. but as of now its not looking good. ive never been and if i dont get to go this year then at my age i dont think i ever will get down there. i wish there was some good ones closer to michigan. i cant believe nobody has decided to put a huge one on in this state yet. detroit and lansing have all kinds of huge events why not something like that.

inkmonster

Hunter
Geez , just put the dog in a kennal for a few days he'll survive just fine.
Im not kenneling my dog, in order to do that they have to have there kennel cough vaccine. and a ton of dogs still catch it even after the vaccine. plus those things are loud the dogs never stop barking so none of them can even sleep and it just stresses them out.

Chancelor22

Hunter
I am bumping this thread to the top of the list. DC is only 1 month away! See you all there!!

And, Doc...it's not that bad. Take my word for it. I work in a Vet's office. The kennel does get quite. And the stress level isn't that bad. And the yes, some dogs do still get the cough after having the vaccine, but it does lessen the blow. Besides you are in serious need of a vacation! LOL

inkmonster

Hunter
The vet by me doesnt have a set up for kenneling the dogs only if they have to be in there for illness or surgery. And apparently you have to get that shot a month or 2 before hand and its to late now and im for the most part a naturalist i dont get myself or my pets any unneeded vacacines or medicines. Im getting a week off vacation but its the week after dragon con and i never did reserve a room so its off for me again this year. I dont really want to drive that far for a convention anyway id rather go to one closer so im going to look into whats out there during the year. Heck Canada is closer to me than that and i hear they have some good ones. Plus i heard there was a cool one in ohio or illinois called horror weekend or something like that. So its officially off for me this year again plus i havent started my predator costume yet and it wont be ready till a couple weeks after DC. I should have my pinhead costume before then but the pred suit wont be finished in time. So everyone have fun thats going and have a drink on me.

Chancelor22

Hunter
that's too bad doc. i was really looking forward to meeting you. maybe next time. so, is anyone else going? and i do have i room i am willing to share...

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
inkmonster, we'll look for you at the next DragonCon then! As far as closer cons, there's always the FX convention in Toronto the weekend before DragonCon and the huge Wizard World convention in Illinois the second weekend in August, and that one is huge! It's also a shorter driving trip than the Toronto one would be. As far as good kennels for dogs, when we can't get family to watch the dogs, Kim has taken them to one in Haslett that she's had good experiences with, and it's not outrageously priced as some can be.

inkmonster

Hunter
darn unfortunatly both of those conventions are before dragon con and i wont have my suit ready in time for them.

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
There's always Mid-Ohio Con in Columbus. It's usually the 'last con of the season' around the Midwest, normally in November. Much smaller than some of the others, but still a con to wear your suit to! Maybe mine will be back up and running by then, too. :)

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
So, the bigger question here is : Who here is going to be suiting up in their Predator costume at Dragon Con this year???

Paintninja

Blooded
Well, how much are tix? I live approx. 34 miles south of Atlanta. It sounds cool! Have Yautja gear, not as good as many here, but better than some I've seen. Current is what I'd call a prototype. With knowledge gained from all the best of "the Lair", I hope that my next one will be worthy of true adoration. Or maybe I'm modest, so sayith the wife. I see all of the fine work here and see where I could have done better. Anywho, Thanx for the inspiration all and if the tix aren't too high, it's sounds fun. Been in years past, never in costume though.