Dread fitting order?

5179julie

I`m about to attach my dreads to my `expanding foam` head (see my other post). What is the correct order (if there is one) to attach them? Is it thicker big ones to the top? Or longer thinner ones to the top or what? Do the thinner shorter ones go underneath the thick ones or on top? I`ll be hot glue gunning them in (anyone not agree with that let me know).

Any pointers appreciated. I`ll only get one go at this so I want to get it right.
Cheers.

T

tommynator1024

just take a look at some of the raw cast masks some folks here posted. You can get a pretty decent look at the layout.

But from memory, I'd say thick ones on top. If you want the longer ones underneath or on top is up to you. I think when you take a closer look at the P1, he's got them falling down in waves rather, they appear all to have the same length but the lower ones obviously reach further down...what am I talking here, dude, get a book on hairdressing.

5179julie

Right so its thicker ones to the top? kinda thought that but I`ll hang on just now and do bit of research before I start gluing. Thanks man.

S

Savage Yautja

Go with the large thick one around the top row assuming you have enough smaller thinner ones can go along the sides around the face and under the larger ones as it goes toward the back. Here are some pics to help.
[url="http://[url="http://

5179julie

Thanks Savage. That`ll do me. If it`s good enough for you it`s good enough for me.

5179julie

The holes have been bored, next step is paint then glue. What do you reckon so far? (try and ignore the 30 bottles of malt in the background).

Image000.jpg

B

blk n blu dream

I can't tell, are those backer rod dreads? If so you should be able to form them a bit over some heat to lay down just a bit more. Also some dread rings will make them lay better, so no worries I would say.

The placement looks great.

5179julie

Thanks there.I don`t know your name but thanks anyway. I`m going to paint it now before permenantly fixing them in. I`m also assuming they`re the right length.They look ok to me.

T

The Big Gunns

You may want to angle the dreads in so they dont stick out so far. Backer rod is a little different than foam. The resin rings will help hold them down as well.
Love your bio!

~Mel

5179julie

Thanks for the encouragement and the advice guys and gals!
The holes are already bored. I`m not sure if I can vary the angle a lot although maybe a wee bit extra on the bottom part of the hole shouldn`t be a major problem. I`ll use plenty of sticky stuff to hold `em in.