Dreadlock Adhesive

D

DonnieDarko688

Hey guys I am new to this board, but I did some searching and couldn't come up with much on the topic. I wanted to know what kind of adhesive everyone was using to glue their dreadlocks to their masks? Would you use goop or what. Also is it an option to do velcro? (I would hate to do that and have some of them come up missing later though after an event). Thanks for any help guys.

S

Savage Yautja

I would try Goop even over contact cememt. I've had contact cement hold on the first try for some dreads while others fell off and had to be reglued. Goop is pretty darn good.

D

DonnieDarko688

Oh I agree with you, goop can do just about anything. Would you suggest using wood glue?

T

The Big Gunns

If you really want to play it safe, I would cut holes smaller than the dreads in the mask. Then the latex will lock them in place.

~Mel

T

The Mortal Immortal

I use a small amount of zappa gap to hold them in place. Then I go back over with black tinted latex. Those suckers wont come out after that, used you really want then too.

T

ta2pro

actually there is a better solution than all this hubbub,lo.zapagap makes a glue(cyanoacrylate)called what else-"flash black"!this is a super glue that is pure black-thats right!-pure black.its not as responsive w/a hit of the accelerator(zip kicker)though,but is flexible and like i said-pure black.u can put as much of it on the dread to insert into hole,then pour some around the dread/head to seal it securely.u will not find something stronger than this.u will tear the foam b4 it falls out.

S

Shaendael

where would you get it , and is it available in the uk . i've never heard of any of the glues mentioned , would they have a uk equivellent .

I

inkdoctor

i found something similar to what tat2pro recomended. predatweaker told me about it. is rc car crazy glue for the tires. its black and rubberized and works great for gluing on quills to.

T

ta2pro

yes,it is found in hobby shops.ill post a pic of the bottle tomorrow nite.