Drgnfyre4s P1 new photos (pic intensive)

drgnfyre4

Hunter
At long last my DB P1 suit is pretty much finished and wearable. I still need to give it a coat of permawet for that slimey creature look and need the trophy bandolier and body net, but for all intents and purposes to the untrained eye I have a freakin Predator suit!!! I plan on taking some very nice shots with mood lighting and a more appropriate background but I just couldnt wait and had to suit up with a friends help and snap some pics to share. Previously I had taken these first test shots out at the set of Batman:Dead End and the hands werent painted and I had no shins or feet, hence the cropping of the photos.
ALLEY1.jpg
ALLEY3.jpg
Picture_248.jpg
Picture_251.jpg

Since the time of these pics I added some more depth to the spot pattern on the body. I also got the shoulder cannon mounted on and added shin armor and feet.
P1010053.jpg
P1010026.jpg
IM000691.jpg
IM000687-1.jpg
P1010028.jpg
P1010041.jpg
P1010030.jpg
P1010047.jpg

Hopefully I will continue to improve the suit and make it better and better. The biggest thing will be the permawet to deepen the colors, but these photos helped to show me some of the problem areas of the suit that still need some tweaking and adjustment before I feel its ready to wear to an event.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Now that suit was made to fit you Mike. I like the way you painted it and after the perma wet that thing is going to look even sweeter.

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
Scott is right - fits like a glove. Can I ask what you weigh and how tall you are? Did you have to adjust the suit much?

Hopefully when I get mine it will look as good as yours does. All you need now is a skull necklace, netting and the permawet. Looking forward to seeing the mood lighting shots!

G

Right On Mike! this suit has been a kick to watch progress. It keeps looking better every update. now get it slimey!

drgnfyre4

Hunter
"Mike you forgot to tell them that your painting with q-tips."

Yup, good point Scott...no airbrushing at all was used on this suit. Painted entirely with sponges and Q-tips.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Now thats alot of work to take it raw to fully painted. I take my hat off to Mike for the inspiration that you have given us. Keep up the good work. The cardboard time gaunt top and cannon mount is also a plus. It surprises me what you can make with cardboard.

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
Right On Mike! this suit has been a kick to watch progress. It keeps looking better every update. now get it slimey!

Oops...didnt realize that I wasnt logged in...but uh, yeah...what I said earlier...when I was just a guest. ...So...how many q-tips did ya go through?

Sara

Hunter
Used an entire box of them in fact!
Now THATS dedication.

It's a great suit. Can't wait till you completely finish with the final touches. I'll probably be smited when I say this, but you look quite huggable. :eek:

Keep up the great work.

drgnfyre4

Hunter
Now THATS dedication.

It's a great suit. Can't wait till you completely finish with the final touches. I'll probably be smited when I say this, but you look quite huggable.

Keep up the great work. :eek:
LOL...5 months of painting sweat and frustration...and I am huggable! Thats cool! It was kinda up in the air as to whether or not to make a Predator or Snuggles the Fabric Softener Bear.

Sara

Hunter
LOL...5 months of painting sweat and frustration...and I am huggable! Thats cool! It was kinda up in the air as to whether or not to make a Predator or Snuggles the Fabric Softener Bear.
But Snuggles is too furry and lovable and sans mandibles, claws and other fun assorted things. D:

A huggable Pred is like hugging a stuffed bear with knives and a hand gun tied to its back. :eek: I throw caution to the wind, I do!