Duct tape Dummy filler

T

The Big Gunns

Ive heard that people are having trouble with the Great Foam since they changed the formula. There is another product called a froth pak. We use them at work for sculpting. It expands alot, and sets up very fast (in the heat/sun within 20 minutes). Heres a link to their page and where you can buy it in your area. FrothPak link

S

Shataan

I will be getting 1 Frothpak 12 on Tuesday to try it. If all goes well, I will get enough to finish my dummy. 3rd time lucky? I hope. What I need is for the foam in question to just cure, and NOT shrink in the process. Fill the dummy, and that is that.

Really appreciate your help with the Frothpak suggestion. hope it is the trick.

S

Shataan

54 bucks Canadian for the FrothPak 12 kit.

Get this. I went and got the FrothPak, and the peeps ther suggested ReFoam. They said it cures in an hour./ Ok, it was a free sample so wt hey. I did a sample. and low and behold?

It is NOT dry in an hour. Good thing they let me have a free sample.

So, imho you just cannot use anything BUT a 2 part foam solution such as FrothPak unless you don`t mind waiting forever for it to cure, and or fail. Because the ducttape dummy interior is pretty well air tight. It doesn`t ALLOW the other foam to cure like it would in a less airtight situation.

Since FrothPak has a 2 part solution, it should work, cause it is not air cure.... but chemical cure. I`ll find out how well FrothPak does on the dummy interior in a coupla days.

C

carlart

Great find, Mel. Can't wait to hear how you make out with the stuff, Shataan. I'm thinking of using it instead of jamming in upholstery foam pieces.
carlart
Lairtag.jpg

S

Shataan

Good news so far. FrothPak worked a charm. Wish I would have known about it before buying all the Great Stuff that failed me.

The trick is this tho. Have alot of ducttape strips ready. Just the 1 can of FrothPak 12 did BOTH legs on my dummy. And it expands faster than you can say the word EXPAND.

I slit the legs on the outside ankles up to waist. Did about a foot up from each ankle for starters, and was scrambling for tape as the stuff just kept expanding.

And the FrothPak does harden fast. While its`s doing it, you can feel the heat on the outside of you dummys ducttape surface. Thx again for the tip Gunns.

3 FrothPak 12s did my dummy, and I had to use 1 small can of Great Stuff to just top off the neck area btw. FrothPak is ta shiz.

C

carlart

Shataan-
The 1 can of Froth Pack - what size can was it and how much yeild will you get from it? I just want to do a pair of forearms (hint, hint ).
I know you said you filled both legs with it, but can you just use just what you need or is it an all or nothing proposition?
carlart

S

Shataan

I used what is called a FrothPak 12 Kit

www.dow.com/buildingprodu..._12kit.htm

It came in a 2 can solution, an A can and a B can, and they are marked as such. As well you screw them into their required positions in a small carrying pack. Read the instructions. Very easy to set up. When you use the nozzle, both solutions mix, and you get your foam with hardener.

The can sizes are your normal size aerosol cans.

It as well comes with 2 nozzles. And yes I was able to fill both legs with 1 FrothPak. So if you have to fill say 2 forearms, do 1, then do the other. But inbetween remember to spray a teeny bit now and then so the nozzle does not harden.

This stuff being a 2 part solution does not need air contact to harden, so the nozzle if it has no material being sprayed it WILL indeed harden in the end.

Keep an eye on not overdoing the 1st spray either. It WILL expand fast. Be prepared. If you have both forearms ready, the one nozzle should be fine. Then after you are finished, turn off the nozzle lever, and let the nozzle s spray foam harden in the nozzle. You can leave it like this. And when next you want to spray, remove the old nozzle, and put on the second new nozzle.

I found FrothPak to be a very easy to use and clean method. Great Stuff got all over the place. Hope this was helpful Carlart.