Hiya folks, finished my thigh armour, and started shoulder pauldrons, any suggestions the best method to seal the foam prior to priming and painting, I've read plastidip ( but that's expensive in the UK) modge podge, wood glue etc.....
Looking excellent Angrychutney ! I don't work with foam a lot, but the last time I did, I used something similar to Plastidip which I was able to purchase from my local car accessories dealer. Try your local and see what he can suggest. All the best!
So a bit more to update, decided to have another go at my bio as I wasn't all that happy with how my first had turned out, I guess the old fable practice makes perfect is true, not saying the mk 2 bio is perfect but I think it looks better than the mk 1. Please feel free to comment as they help me a lot
Shoulders are great, thats true!) but i suggest to take some other pdo file for bio mask. This file is not the best for making, he has wrong proportion and doesnt looks so good in finished version. In "The Armory" section of Predatorium you can choose a good one. Dont punish yourself with this file) Keep going.
so managed to get a few hours spare so made a start on my wrist gauntlet/bomb, again had to tweek it to shorten the length, but it's coming together, still some more to do finishing and fine details etc. Using a android phone for the countdown timer,
Ok so a weekend kid free so got some more done, happy how its coming together, feel its really started to take shape now. Hopefully my scorpion skeleton will be here soon. To be mounted on top of Wrist blades.
Obviously some bits still need sealing and detailing etc. Can't wait to get painting ..... Any tips or comments greatly received .
After heatsealing and pva sealing with pic* would need to paint a base coat of grey primer before top coat bot sure as the pva I've used states its a sealer and primer combined (if you look at bottom of pot)