Hi again folks dreads and bio this time .... So I got my lights in and stable (pic) and the dread hat in and happy. I've figured out that if I feed 3 short lengths of gardin wire in the end of the dread that attaches to the head I can manipulate the angle of the bend (pic) and it gived me a secure anchor point. Will painting and sealing give it a dangley motuon. Ive read guides and watched you tube vids but they are so many contradictions. All feed back is so helpdfull.
I was really apprehensive about painting/weathering as I had never attempted anything like this before but this whole procedure is new to me and didn't want to have to redo parts again. I am glad to say that thanks to the forums here and plenty of YouTube guides I am more than happy with how its turning out. Again any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Although, and this is just personal opinion, mb you could make the blades thinner and a little longer. I can see you're going for the AVP-style armour, so it may be an idea to look at the blades those armour types have. Looks great though!!
The blades are made of 3ml foamboard and they are all glued into place at the moment. As I planning on wearing it to lfcc in July I needed them to be no hard but at the same time not soft that the loose their shape. It was a bit of a catch 22. If somebody bangs into them quite sternly they will just kinda crumple. Not trying to sound funny or unappreciative as all the feedback is really helpful. But I don't know how else to make them.
So had a play this afternoon and got a good start on the gloves. Some gloves I borrowed *cough* from work and some red devils gloves and some liquid latex. I think there going to be just fine. Read on here a guy used citidal paint a and finished with lacquer. Any other suggestions or easier ways of painting would be awesome. Thanks again