face huggers

F

fudgeboy20

hi i havent made any thing pred or alien so i was wonderin could some 1 show me how to make a face hugger that lokes like it is ready to attack {KEEP IN MIND I LIVE IN A VERY SMAL TOWN SO I DONT HAVE MANY OPTIONS TO GO WITH TO MAKE IT}

T

The Big Gunns

Here's an idea..

Why dont you get some pics of a facehugger (from the net). Then look around your small town for items you think would work and then try it. Half the fun of this stuff is figuring it out on your own.

What do you think you can make your facehugger out of?
~Mel

M

Maverick118

You could use old wire coat hangers to enable you to pose it too for a display, just wrap little bits of thin foam or cloath around it so it doesn't damage anything and bend away. I used this on my old Halcyon face hugger before it packed away in the loft

A

asy0uw1sh

Any of you ever see the Alien III Queen Facehugger? Back in the early 90's Halycon put out the coolest kit. Although it never made it into the film, productions stills exist showing it in detail. I'll see if I can dig one out.

-Alan

S

seknewb

Halcyon put out a kit of the Queen Chestburster, not the Facehugger.

If you want pics of the facehugger though, I spent many years working at ADI and have quite a few. PM me.

A

asy0uw1sh

Sorry, but you are mistaken. In addition to their regular facehugger, Halcyon also made this...

halfetus.jpg

Here's what they looked like...

a3_20.jpg

a3_16.jpg

images.jpg

Here's the box for their regular Hugger...

halhugger.jpg

S

seknewb

I've got both of those kits. The Queen FH in the pics is the prop.

That Halcyon kit says Queen, but in reality is the same as the standard FH with added fingernails. It also comes with a little green Queen "embryo" (like the CT scan in A3). It is nothing like the prop at all.

Grey Zon models made a true Queen FH kit based on a few pics, but even it wasn't completely accurate. Didn't have the webbing for example.

A

asy0uw1sh

My Bad! Someone then must have sold me a recast in a Halcyon box. You mean De Lafuente made a Queen Hugger? Never saw it. I grabbed the Queen hugger shots I posted from some guy's site. Here's a production still I aquired in the early 90's of one of the Alien 3 Characters holding a nonscreen used Queen Hugger.

-Alan

scan1.jpg

A better close up...

scana.jpg

S

seknewb

He did do a Queen Hugger. Only made a few from what I remember. I had one for a while but ended up selling it. Once I saw the original, the Grey Zon kit just didn't compare. Definitely better than nothing, but quite a bit smaller than the real deal.

S

seknewb

It was a good sculpt for something with so little reference at the time, but it was missing the webbing on the fingers and was a bit crude (sculpturally) overall. It was also about 25% smaller than the real deal.

M

MoviesColin

Too bad, that hugger kicks ass! I love it more than the original.

Maybe I will try sculpting it...

A

asy0uw1sh

I love how the queen facehugger seems Roachlike in it's paint job.

-Alan

C

CyberPred

That Hugger kit from the guy in England is pretty o.k. The Tail is all wrong.

Cary