Im getting back to work on it now. Im hoping to get it back together and ready for casting by the end of the week if everything goes to plan. I just set up the new spare room as a workshop to make projects a little easier to carry out with easy access to tools and materials. No more working on the kitchen floor.i just need a big lock on the door to stop the girlfriend coming in.and then il probably get more done
Just a few pics now that iv finally finnished the sculpt after a few set backs. Iv got to admit this has been a very frustrating sculpt trying to adapt this from some pictures of a twelve inch figurine from the internet, and im not 100 percent happy with it. But its as I can get it
I had a bit of leftover clay so I thought id make a start on the bio and try and get some of the proportions right plus iv only got enough clay for the left side untill I get the chest armour moulded. Its still going to take a bit of tweeking before I do any detail but its the only thing I can get on with untill my silicone arrives in the post
My silicone finally arived in the mail today .so got ready to make the mould of the chest armour. Mixed up one batch and got a first thin coat on, everything going well so far.mixed up the rest to make a nice thick covering and proceed to drop the entire pot on the floor !!! So my quick solution was to go out and get myself for tubes of bathroom silicon, I dont no if its going to work or not but il find out soon enough.
I finally got the right side chest armour slush cast today and pulled from the mould. All the details came out well especially the studs at the front. I just need to trim it up and then I can do the left side