Fewture Ancient Predator Re-Paint Edition Pics! 56K RUN!!!

Faken

Hunter
The Re-paint has finally arrived (Thanks to Danfaz for hooking me up) and she's pretty damn sweet! (You can see the original version at http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=49). This came in a limited run of kits and pre-paints, so I went with the pre-paint because I've always found the build up quality of Fewture's pieces to be top notch.

Here's some pics of mine :) (Thanks again Dan!!!!)

By the way, for the record, I prefer the red horse... I love the open muscle tissue look of it better than this horse. This one was tough to photograph because I don't have the right rig to bring out the purple washes on the horse without washing out the rest of the pic. I think pic #10 shows the purple washes the best

Anyhow, here you go:

Thanks for looking :)

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

danfaz

Hunter
My pleasure, buddy!

Awesome pics! Certainly a fabulous statue. Needs to be seen in person to appreciate the different washes.

ragacin

Unblooded
I am a huge fan of Takayuki Takeya's sculpture, but unfortunately, this doesn't do it for me. The pred looks too cartoony to me. He is certainly capable of perfect realism, just look at his human figures of Iria, etc, they are scary lifelike. I am not sure why the departure from Predator form. ;)

danfaz

Hunter
I am a huge fan of Takayuki Takeya's sculpture, but unfortunately, this doesn't do it for me. The pred looks too cartoony to me. He is certainly capable of perfect realism, just look at his human figures of Iria, etc, they are scary lifelike. I am not sure why the departure from Predator form. ;)
Well, his Iria sculpts are not accurate to the movies by any means. Her face doesn't look anything like the movie, and her curves are certainly more flattering than in the movies.

A Predator is fictional, so what are you comparing the sculpt to, the films? The body proportions are anatomically correct, there aren't any grossly exaggerated parts...the tattoos aren't out of the norm either.

Just like his aliens (and other sculpts from films) he makes the sculpts his own, not carbon copies of the movies.