Finished Pred 1 UPDATED painted and finished!! pics 06/07/06

H

hammernuts5150

Just finished painting and adding the dreds. It is up on ebay and I have some more on the way PM me for a price they will be ready well before halloween.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...0005274893

predator1.jpg

predator2.jpg

predator4.jpg

Dan.
pred3.jpg

pred2.jpg

P1.jpg

The mold is a 2 pece Hydrocal FGR. It weighs a tonne.
p1mold2.jpg

p1mold.jpg

M

Master Yoda 54

WOW

That is a really nice sculpt man. I love it. Keep us posted on everything

KEITH

T

TK3467

That is very nice! I like the bumps on the side of the head area. Very badass looking sculpt bro!

S

sinister70

That is an awesome sculpt man. I'm loving the bumps and skin texture, it really brings it to life.

N

NibsFlibble

That is an AMAZING sculpt, Dan! WOW, I just can't say enough about it!

How do you plan on making the mold? I'm asking because the clay flaps of his open mouth would be difficult to dig out of the mold once finished.

H

hammernuts5150

Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate it.

The nold wil be a two piece FGR mold. I remove the lower tusks prior to molding and leave the skin flaps. It the mold is taken apart at the exact time, the clay will peel right out of the mold. The bigest problem is the teeth remaining in the mold. Thats a pain in the ass.

Dan.

K

kithunter

it's a nice sculpt hammernuts...I like saying your name,,

question... why not cast the teeth seperate?

AM

Z

Zealwing

Dan the Sculpt looks great man! yeah that molding part must a be a real pain, in the the @ss! I also like your other Sculpts.

H

hammernuts5150

Well, half the mold is done. It is huge and will weigh a tonne.

Kithunter, I could mold the teeth o thier own, but I rather have one mold than another for the teeth and have to cast up the acrylic. Just means an hour digging the clay ot of the mold.

Dan.

P

PredatoRob

That is very fricken' cool!!! I really like the smoothness of the piece, man. The eyes really make it come to life, even with no paint on it. How'd you do that??

Very nice work man, I can't wait to see it all painted up with the dredlocks.

T

The Mortal Immortal

I would like to see the mold and how you made it please.

D

drgnfyre4

That is freakin fantastic. I am really liking the reptile skin texture on the ridge areas of the head.

H

hammernuts5150

The eyes were plaster forms with the eye detail done in.....wait for it.....pencil. I will shoot a pic of the mold tomorrow and post it for you guys. Then comes the dreds. I'm sure he will find a loving home.

Dan.

S

Savage Yautja

Dan, You did youself proud with this piece of artwork. Top notch quality. Very savage looking. This is the look we want for the next movie.