Finished up the cyber sculpt

drgnfyre4

Hunter
this is what i call me cyberninja project ^^

pls comment
Wouldve appreciated your asking to use my sculpt as reference first. Had hoped my personal tweaks to the spawn movie design would first be seen on my finished costume...oh well, my bad for posting it before the costume was done.

Last edited by a moderator:

drgnfyre4

Hunter
Wouldve appreciated your asking to use my sculpt as reference first. Had hoped my personal tweaks to the spawn movie design would first be seen on my finished costume...oh well, my bad for posting it before the costume was done. I have a few more live projects I am working pretty hard to complete as well, would you like reference on those also?
Another sculptor is working on his own design of the predalien, I could also dig up that thread and you could use his sculpt to make that project too, I am sure he wouldnt care.

ProPredator

Unblooded
I'm sorry...

I should have asked,
tought you wouldn't mind...
I won't post any progress no more if u want
sorry bout this...

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
Wouldve appreciated your asking to use my sculpt as reference first. Had hoped my personal tweaks to the spawn movie design would first be seen on my finished costume...oh well, my bad for posting it before the costume was done.
Oh put a sock in it... Have YOU contacted either Image or KNB Effects for shamelessly ripping of their character? No? OK, then stop complaining... (I really don't get people who moan that "their" design, that most of the time is a replica/imitation of an existing sculpt) is used as reference for another sculpt. It doesn't matter, because we all copy the same original. It's another story if you took a more personalised design, but seeing that isn't the case, I really can't see the point argueing...)

Faken

Hunter
Maybe it's just me but I think this is a discussion Mike and ProPredator should be solving offline if they feel it requires further discussion. There's no sense you guys going crazy on each other if the parties directly involved don't seem to be going too crazy.

The topic here is C&C on his piece, not "tear each other new assholes".

kithunter

Elite Hunter
i'll put a sock in ya......

very old debate...who owns the right to reproduce the image and if the reproduction is reproduced, does the 1st reproducer have the right to complain about it being ...ummmmm...reproduced...yeah

you all know what i mean. i think pro isn't trying to bootleg ya mike in fact take it as a compliment that your piece came out so cool someone would attempt to try and "recreate a version of it".

anyhow i don't think it was done with bad intentions

andrew

heres some pics of some different cyber ninjas, mabe you try to put some of these details into it

Dark_Scorpion_Concept.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
Hobbs, I can see your loyalty, but at least Andrew seems to get what I'm trying to say: it's a hommage to hommage of a sculpture of a comicbook-character.

I'm just sick of people sculpting a hoop after a vast library of reference material, and then claim to have invented the wheel, and claiming the sole reproductionright, even if you sculpted a new wheel rectangular, just for liking the wheel...

Hoop and wheel can be changed for other words of course, but it's the same **** to me.
I think it's a very nice attempt to capture the feel of Spawn, just like Drgnfyre's, and the latter shouldn't be complaining to have served as reference. It's an honour. Accept it, you're not the only one who likes Spawn.