Finished Usurper P1-Needs a New Home!!!

T

The Xcalibor

Ok, just finished this bad boy up tonight. Please leave feedback on what ya think. Thanks. Enjoy.

Yes, i am going to need to sell this thing off! If this needs to be moved to OT andrew, go ahead. I really need to sell this thing off guys, so contact me if your interested.

KEITH

FinishedP13.jpg

FinishedP1.jpg

S

SeaHunterr

Looks nice Keith....LOTs of tiny spots to paint there, must have taken forever! Overall it's a good looking predator, with your own additions...kinda vampire looking

P

PredatrHuntr

Ok bro, I am giving you honest feedback because I know you will take it to heart when you start painting your new DB P1...

Keep in mind - you DO NOT have to make these changes I am about to suggest. I simply want you to take some feedback and remember it for when you paint your DB P1.

1. The small spots are very small and you did a good job on them. The only thing is that the large brownish spots on the top of the head are much bigger than the small ones and take away from the continuity a bit. If you want to do small spots, then make slightly larger spots for the brown colors.

2. You did a good job fading the brown spots as they come down the forehead.

3. You have the proper spot pattern, but its too perfect. Dont be afraid to go outside of the imaginary boundary. Here is what I mean:

002.jpg

4. The viens in the face and mouth are not bad at all...good job.

5. What is happening with the tiny black spots on the left cheek?

6. The dark brown around the bottom of the teeth (where they attach the the mask) is too brown, and the color should be blended into the color of the tooth. The color should fade out and get lighter towards the tip of the tooth.

7. Same thing with the pink inside the mouth. It should be blended and fade into the base color.

8. There are just a few tiny little spots around the "nose" area. Why not make them bigger and different sizes?

If you are happy with it, then thats all that matters. It all depends on what look you are going for. You can do you your own, or go with the traditional P1 paint scheme. Take my comments with a grain of salt and remember that you can always improve on it now or next time...

T

The Mortal Immortal

Good job keith you are gettign better and better. I'm think the Db P1 mask will be fun for you, its alot bigger and more space to cover.

Very good points PredatrHuntr, I never even crossed my mind when I paint. Those pointes will help me out on my next mask as well.

T

The Xcalibor

Thanks guys.

Jason, thanks for the tips and they will really come in handy when i get to paint my DB mask. THe spots on the cheeks (they are on both of them) was just something i decided to do right at the end. I thought id make him a bit different.

When i do DBs mask, im gonna do it as close to Screen Accurate as possible so all those points will be taken to heart. Thanks alot for the feedback guys.

KEITH

J

JediUsurper

Keith the ONLY thing i can say being as im a noob myself is, the mouth looks alittle purple, but maybe its just the photo dude.

your powers are nearly complete young jedi

P

PredatrHuntr

Let me take you back to my very first attempt at painting a Predator head. I thought it was awesome when I finished it, but looking back on it now, it's not that good really. I didn't fade out the inner brown spots on the forehead; I didn't blend the brown into the face (along the jawline); the spots along the jaw are too small; I have noticeable brown on the teeth (where it attaches to the mask) that doesn't fade out. I wanted to try a triangle shaped spot pattern, but in retrospect I should have stuck with the traditional round shape.

Jesse_01.jpg

Jesse_02.jpg

My inner spot pattern doesn't fade out as it comes down the forehead towards the brow. This is very important. Its a hard technique to master, but is a must if you want to do the P1 screen accurate.

Keep in mind that the spot pattern is very unique and if you plan on doing a screen accurate P1, there are certain guidleines to follow. You will notice similarities in each of the P1 designs...some may be slightly different, but the scheme is the same.

One thing I might suggest is to not worry about trying to make the spots as small as possible. Mel's spots are very small, but she has also been doing it for a lot longer and knows how to keep the continuity the same.

I'm going to show you a few of the best paint jobs I have ever seen...all of them done by people right here on the Lair. The Sideshow 1:1 bust is horrible compared to what people like Mel, Larry Kidd, and Pete Murphy can do.

Keith, I sent you some cool P1 reference shots, and those are good and all, but check these out as well:

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Savage Yautja

Personally as much as I liked the screen accurate creations I've seen here,there is still a lot to be said for creating your own color scheme. Originality is a much more rewarding achievement than everyone having a reproduction of the same paint job. Larry , Daniel, David ,Howard, and Mel among others have alll shown a wide array of their own creative talents and some new looks for Predators the movies haven't come close to. I say keep cranking out the original suits and paint schemes.