First look at AvP 2 !!!

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
I have to disagree TMI: I kinda like what they did with the predator (apart from the head, which seems more like a P1/P2 hybrid), it's sleek, slender, angular.

But the Alien... Man, it looks like a Kenner Action-figure...

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
I have to disagree TMI: I kinda like what they did with the predator (apart from the head, which seems more like a P1/P2 hybrid), it's sleek, slender, angular.

But the Alien... Man, it looks like a Kenner Action-figure...
Yea, I have to agree about the Alien. I'm not feeling it...Sure, Pred looks cool..but, it's still early so I'm sure there will be plenty of time to get really hyped up about it.
I just cant stop thinking about AVP...and how it COULD have been the best of them all, and instead just how horrible it was so I'm sorry if I'm skeptical now, but I'm a fan of these characters, and the movies keep us and our spirits going so all I can say is I hope they do it well.

David

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
And the bastardising continues, really not keen on the look of the alien from the initial look, BUT i still hope they can swing the series around. i mean i can sit and watch AVP and enjoy it, or i can sit there and pick big holes in it, ive done both and still prefer to try and ignore the holes.

also agree with the look of the bio, its kinda P1 meets 2 , hopefully well get a few more shots in the next few months.

fingers crossed eh, lets not all try to be " THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY " kinda people :)

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
Sure, and see Fox further raping the characters by being optimistic and pay €9 for a cinema to see the next incarnation? Not really...

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
I want to be objective, and like I said, sure the pic looks cool...dont get me wrong......always nice to start seeing this stuff come to life on the big screen but the let down on AVP for me was huge...again, I'm only speaking for ME....so for now it's real hard to get all worked up and excited because the screen caps and photos from AVP also all looked killer...but....

However, I want a good movie and would love to have all this skepticism shoved in my face come opening day and it be a great flick. Believe me I'd love nothing more..

If they keep it simple, not too much overkill on the CGI, to me Pred's are about the hunt, not so much about wrestling but about hunting.......then for me they're already going to be half way there and come to think of it the CGI in AVP was pretty darn good, and the Aliens did look cool too.
I just didnt care for the fight sequences between the Aliens and Preds. Just didnt work for me...as did about 980 other things about it..

Here's hoping this one works. :)
I want to be optimistic.

David

DangerDavey

Hunter
I realy like the look of the Pred in the picture. He looks like he's already seen a few hunts. Been there and done that with the wear to show it. Very gritty and dark. The AVP Preds were all dressed too pretty. The Alien really does look like an action figure.

Are we sure that this is not just a well-staged figure diorama? LOL

~DangerDavey

drgnfyre4

Hunter
I am a fan of the creatures and the FX artists, not the movies. I like the look of the bio in that picture, some really nice subtle detail to the brow area. As for the alien, yeah it has an action figure oversculpted look to it, but I still would want one hanging on MY wall!!

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
One single picture and I'm already noticing all the minute details...

ALIEN
-more defined skull ridges
-neck tubes?
-clear tendons are connecting the jaw?

PREDATOR
-canon is on the right side instead of the left
-new front chest armor
-different neck ring
-spiney protusions on the side of the Pred's head or the Bio?
-and of course the most noticeable new Bio that is a blend of P1 and P2 - awesome looking! It even looks a bit like Rob's Bio in some of his drawings...

We can't say anything yet because it's only ONE picture. We still have the entire movie to look forward to. BTW - when is the release date again?
NewPredMovie.jpg

carlart

Hunter
Hmmmmm------
Ya know what would be a real mean trick to play on the fans? Release a bogus publicity shot like this. Although, I have to admit, what would the purpose be in doing it other than trying to throw "early birds" off the trail? If this is a real still, I too am disappointed in the alien---skull's OK, but the neck area's pretty cheesy. The pred has some interesting features, including the cannon :)

I guess we'll just have to hold our breath and hope like hell the execs over at Fox have listened to us these past months.

carlart