first time sculpter/ any more armor diagrams

D

DACHANDE6

hey all, I have been sifting through all the pred threads and started a design for a bio that I wanted to use as my first experience! its not much but I think less is more. I used an old bio mold, then added a bunch of air-drying clay and went to town in about a 2-3 hour span! the only thing I used as a kinda test was a peice of the pred writing off of the elder mask! other than that I just did it! now I need to smooth it out and make a silicone mold of it! let me know what you think! I was trying to get a costume built by halloween, but thats not happening! I was also wondering if anyone has anymore armor diagrams or plans that might lay out the gaunts and the shoulder and chest armor! I have started to make some gaunts out of wood, but seem to be at a loss now ,, I have used the dresser drawer guide as a blade holder but now trying to figure out where else to go! I want to use the fun foam or foamies but just cant seem to get the measurements right! any help would be great guys!

www2.propichosting.com/Im...7738/3.jpg

www2.propichosting.com/Im...7738/2.jpg

www2.propichosting.com/Im...7738/1.jpg

P

pirkleations

Nice design! Unique and cool, but subtle.

~DangerDavey

D

DACHANDE6

HEY THANKS Pirk, now I just need to smooth it out so I can make a good silicone mold of it! I have a P@ mask coming that should be here this week! Have any ideas on paint schemes?? no way will I be ready for halloween!

P

pirkleations

I think a nice, dark gun-metal grey will be the shiznet for the armor and bio scheme.

~DangerDavey

J

JangosJetpack

To smooth it out try using a sheet of sellophane over the clay and pressing with your fingers, you can smooth away without leaving fingerprints!! Good luck!!