Foam Berserker In The Works

jman30236

Blooded
Im building a new berserker predator mask/head completely out of upholstery foam and plan to coat it in latex upon completion. This is after a few hours of work- Im just taking a break for dinner and ill be back at, hoping to finish this one in a few days... wish me luck or if anyone has any suggestions please pass them my way. Also im basing the dimensions of a latex copy of the head that i obtained a while ago so im also hoping at the end of this journey the mask will be able to fit a bio over it, i also have a a berserker helmet and a tracker helmet so ill be using those to help as well.
GOPR0131.JPG

GOPR0133.JPG

GOPR0134.JPG

GOPR0135.JPG

GOPR0140.JPG

GOPR0142.JPG

GOPR0143.JPG

GOPR0144.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jman30236

Blooded
Thanks guys, my hands are soar so im gonna take the day off. I have the other madibles done and attached so all thats left is the lower jaw and the back of the head and ill be done. Howerver im still finding little mistakes and things i missed but all in all im happy with the progress so far. Also im putting a hard hat inside so that way it can be fitted to anyones head deminsions. By the way...the eyes on the beserker are too far apart for me to cut out and make eye holes cause im wanting to be able to see out of it but im not sure how its gonna go....thinking maybe out of the mouth???
GOPR0148.JPG

GOPR0149.JPG

jman30236

Blooded
I have a small pair of scissors and i usually draw the scale pattern out or areas that sink in to give definition and then cut those areas out, its a long never ending process. Im using 1/2 in thick upholstery foam btw

jman30236

Blooded
thanks guys, ive been really busy last couple days and prob wont be able to get to it tomorrow, but i one more work day on mr black will get the job done, then ill latex it. Im thinking i might put some pose-able wire in the jaw so it can be posed with the mandibles. anyway thanks again- John

made007

Elite Hunter
I was showing your youtube videos to a friend yesterday, your predator masks are awesome, like how long it takes you to finsh one from start to finish?
Looking forward to see this awesome mask finished, keep it up :D

dennybobbutt

Blooded
now that's bitchin work there do you just use scissors or do you use a razor and cut bevels in it then use scissors to smooth out the edges that's amazing work

jman30236

Blooded
I just use scissors, it kills my hand though lol. Ive been too busy to work on it sad to say but like I said theres not much left for me to do so it will be done soon

jman30236

Blooded
Thanks!!! heres an update, ive been juggling too many projects at once so im back to this one. Ive finished all the foam work, now to coating it with liquid latex.
GOPR0270.JPG

GOPR0271.JPG

GOPR0273.JPG

GOPR0274.JPG

jman30236

Blooded
Sorry its taking me so long to finish, ive started school again and just now found someone to help me air brush paint it so hopefully done by next week... heres a few more pics
GOPR0275.JPG

GOPR0277.JPG

GOPR0279.JPG