Foam Spray adhesive?

H

Hunterpred210

Where would I find foam spray adhesive for upholstery foam...when i bought my foam the clerk gave me a half bottle and ive been searching places to find trhis in a store so far i only ger product info. If anyone knows where I can find this please let me know Thanks..sorry for making a thread about a silly question but it was the only other thing i could think of

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
What Kre8tive says he uses is normal hotglue when he builds his upholstery foam full Pred bodies. Hope this helps.

P

predatom

Not sure where you live. But spray adhesive is pretty easy to find. The strongest I've found is 3M's Super77 spray adhesive. You can find it at Home Depot or Walmart, actually most Hardware stores will carry it too.

P

predsniper

Good call adom, I worked for Lowe's once, you can even spec. order the realy tough stuff for M3's site or most HW stores can for you. Even try Vinly tile spray (real tough sh%$)at some lowes'.

Pmanderfx

Hunter
just be carful on what adhesice you buy..I have tryed a few that say 'permanate" but it falls apart after some time.

I dont use spay adhesive for ANY foam I use,,

contact cement never fails..and for small stuff like seams, gulin on horns and other materials ,etc a glue gun works best..less glue is better for a hot melt glue gun.

Ive used a glue gun since my first costume 10 years ago.

but now latex....thats another story

Pete

H

Hunterpred210

Im using something called Trim Tack spary adhesive. Pete are you using rubber cement for backing the foam to the latex pieces? or letting latex soak in it. So far the foam hasnt come off the pices i sprayed with the glue...but well see....plus i would fugure once i attach the pices to the foam body and paint on the latex skin it would seal everything up.

Pmanderfx

Hunter
rubber cement yes. to use on latex and foam.

the problems I had with the spay addhesive is it stayed on for about 2 months before it started to pull..depending on how long your in your costume i quess this would depend.

Im sure there is a good speay addhesive I just havent had time to find one so I say if is not broke dont fix it

-Pete

H

Hangar18Studios

I find 3M spray FoamFast (74 I believe) works more appropriately for soft foam than Spray 77.
Scott

You can also try Barge Cement. it's used for shoe repair and you can get it from Tandy Leather online.

Scott

Y

Yautja1

I use what the muppet makers use,Barge adhedsive. Bought at shoe reapir stores. Alittle goes alooooong way.VERY stronge bond.
-michael

S

Shovel Face Sharky

HP, I don't think it's a stupid thread at all. For us relative newbies, it's quite imformative. Just tonight at work, while anticipating my shipment of latex from MonsterMakers, I was wondering how I was going to attach the foam to the latex. I decided to opt with rubber cement, but it is nice to see some confirmation on that here, without me having to start another thread