Foot Sculpt WIP still at it *NEW PHOTOS*

M

ManTroon

Hi all,

Just thought i would share some quick images of the foot sculpt i am working on.

First up, this is the first serious sculpting i have ever really done and the pics were taken on my cellphone as the batteries in my camera died. I am working from some images of the original predator feet, but have modified it to make them more compact as i'm not a fan of big floppy clown-esque feet on my costumes, and the fact that my sculpting skills are not within a million miles of decent sculpting skills.

Anyways, FIRE AT WILL!

25-09-05_0123.jpg

25-09-05_0124.jpg

25-09-05_0125.jpg

25-09-05_0237.jpg

25-09-05_0238.jpg

Some new texture pics, didn't come out right because the light was rubbish, i'll see if i can do better pics

S4300107.jpg

S4300101.jpg

S4300097.jpg

S4300110.jpg

M

Maverick118

Well I don't think it's too shabby myself mate. The only thing I'll say is get lots of reference pictures, either screen caps or of some of the stuff produced and shown on here, I found my screen grabs from AVP P1 and P2 were invaluable when I started sculpting the new head I'm currently working on. Other than that maybe you'll want to beef the calf and ankle area up a bit as if you go on to mold this and cast in Latex you'll have to factor in about 5-10% reduction in size, as the latex cures it shrinks. Carry on though mate it looks good to me, and more pics

P

PredatoRob

Looking very nice MT, I had no idea you had it in ya!! Im really liking the sculpt man.

Bravo!

M

MEANGENE83

You got it PAUL.

The only thing i would change, is the LAST knuckle section on the toes. THat last section doesnt look quite right. I would turn that knuckle section INTO the CLAW.

Then it would look nice.

Do some awesome eagle claw type toe nails!!!

EXCELLENT WORK. Look like a pro.

M

ManTroon

WOW! Thanks for all the support guys, i appreciate it. And thanks Carl for the ref pics, they'll come in really handy man.

F

fantazar

Very nice feet MT.
They look awesome!! I've yet to get motivated on feet but currently working on AVP Front & Back Plates.

Feet be my next little project.
Keep it up

Like how you sculpted the sandal even!

J

JAILER1955

They look real good to me. If I was a sculptor, I would do one thing different. I would make the foot/feet wider. I don't always go for screen accurate, but a wider foot would spread the weight of the predator over a larger area to give more traction and possibly quiet its step. Also, the predators foot, I think, would be wider like the hand in order to be more flexible. Even with claws, it would be hard to climb trees and other structures with a stiff foot like a human. A predator seems not to have that problem.

Can I have a pair?

George

A

Akira Fudou xxx

sweet i like the style looks creepy and it reminds me of the ones i made cuz of the creepyness. i dig it. i agree with gene about the last knucke and i dont know if its the angle that the pic was taken but in some pics it looks like its wearing a high heal or something . a side pic of the whole foot would help.

M

Maverick118

Looking very nifty mate, the texture looks great, good work.