For all the new hunters...

T

The Big Gunns

Lately I see all these new people coming to the lair.. which is great!. BUT...

The Lair is not a one stop shopping for pred products. New people (newbs) should take the time to introduce themselves on the introduction thread FIRST. Then get to know people on the board. Others will be more likely to help when they know a little about you. If you read the threads, you will find that a few people make items.. but they are usually swamped. Alot if times ebay is your best bet. And then theres always the chat room.

So please guys.. knock it off with the "where can I buy" on your first thread. All of this is on the rules and regs forum as well.

~Mel
57.gif

K

kithunter

mel great post, it seems like no newbies are reading the rules and regs, so i'm sticking this post to the top of the OT for good. just so everyone can get the scoop

AM

T

The Big Gunns

Lance..

I undertsand what you are saying. Let me clarify a few things.

Many of us here on the lair are very passionate about costuming and predators in general. We have put alot of time (years) into researching and developing the perfect fan made suits. We all share info and are willing to help new people.

Many of the new people who come to the board don't realize just how much is involved... and how much time people have devoted to this. And some don't want to take the time to read the threads. Alot of info is there......if people would just take the time to read the threads.. ALL OF THEM. Some effort has to be put forth.

I can't tell you how many times people have asked "where can I get a bio". And how many more times "EBAY FOR BIOS" is written on this board. But if people aren't reading the threads (ALL OF THEM) before they ask questions, that's what happens. It does get irritating when you are asked the same question many times.. and even more when the answers are right there.

Another reason why people need to read the threads (ALL OF THEM) is because many times we tend to get off topic here. And a thread my start out as..... "look at this mask I painted". People will comment and give praise. Then 5 pages later someone will ask what they painted it with. Then there is your answer to your question about what you should be painting latex with.

As for the introduction thread.... all of the boards have them. Its just a way to start things off.

I'm gonna get off this soapbox now. Lance- If you need to talk more about this come find me in chat or pm me again.
~Mel

S

Shataan

I am "He who is no longer nOOb, but who now is Semi-nOOb!"

C

celtic yautja

good post mel,...
ive personally spent hours pouring through the threads here.
ive learnt more about pred culture & costuming in the last few weeks than i could ever believe !!!
the site is a wealth of information in regards to predator costuming,and its amazing how much effort some of the members have put forward (as you point out)
i hope one day to become 1/2 as skilled as you guys.
but yeah,its not personally a bother to me in regards to newbies questions.your'e right,being asked the same darn question 100 times must get tiring !!
see ya in chat guys !!

V

vampro

Great thread Mel. I have litterally spent hours in facination looking at threads and at the talent of the board members. If I would ever decide to create a pred suit or anything pred related I would be able to find about 90% of my answers in previosly posted threads.

But, does anyone know where I can find a full P2 suit really really cheap?

Y

yautjafanboy

I dont get the "I want to buy" first posters, The fun is making, modding and creating, I mean if you wanna buy stuff, Ive noticed lots of lair and Ego's members sell on ebay anyways.

Although I think I might still be a newb, when does that wear off? can I get like a cream or ointment that'll bring that off?

M

MoviesColin

You stop bieng a noob when you're ready.

Is that the answer your looking for?

I agree. Although I have wanted to put up a post like "where can I find..." but I always fluctuate. That's not what this board is for. It's for MAKING costumes.

And also, if you get duped on a deal or something... suck it up.

The board is NOT responsible for bad deals. Gosh, I don't know how many times that has been said, and yet people fail to spot the idea.

T

The Mortal Immortal

I do think people need to read threads and rules before posting the same crap over and over.

M

MoviesColin

And over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

Last edited by a moderator: