For Cary

cyberpred

Hunter
O.K. Guys,

Cary still has not got his Pred Back. He is very depressed.

I have a budget of 2000. I would like to know if someone trustworthy on the board here would be willing to make Cary a custom pred. Working countdown gauntlet and blade gauntlet and also mouth that move. Cary would do it for himself but he is at the point now because his got ripped off that he does not want to do it.

Those of you who know Cary knows how much he loves pred and how much he has helped the members of the pred group.

500 Down to start and 500 each time as progress is done. The price is not firm but I figure 2000 is a good budget.

Tina :rolleyes:

inkmonster

Hunter
hi tina, i would love to help cary out in whatever way i possibly can. ive had many converations with him on the phone and enjoyed everyone of them. well maybe not the ones where i was stressing out over trying to wire up a countdown with him walking me through it and my cell phone cutting out. i may have another manders suit coming soon but nothing on it is animatronic and i still havent got my complete lession on wiring up all the lights. and as far as a movable jaw most of those set ups are over 2 grand just for that piece. if theres anything i can do count me in im willing to help. i know he misses that suit.

Mannowar

Hunter
If there are any of my pieces that he likes (blades or armor at this point), consider them a donation. He may already have those items covered or they may not be to his liking or style, so I understand... but if so, anything I'm making is his.

Scott

cyberpred

Hunter
Thank You so much scott. What I am looking for is a fully done suit. I do not want him to know. This would be a gift. I know he rarely looks at this board anymore so it will be a surprise.

If you can do a full suit completely done with working gauntlets and face is what I would like. If 2000 is not enough. How much then?

Mannowar

Hunter
I understand... working mandis and electric gaunts are beyond my skills at this point (but I'm working on it), but if you do find someone who can do the skin and components, I'd still donate anything I have and send it to whoever is doing the big work. Just throwing it out there. I'm sure it will get done between everyone here!

cyberpred

Hunter
Thank You so much.

I had a thought. Maybe this could be a culmination of a number of members with one in perticular as the lead?

inkmonster

Hunter
the only problem i for see is that cary might not be satisfied with any of the stuff thats out there. there have been alot of awsome suits forsale both here and on ebay and none of them were up to his expectations. and most of them were more screen acurate and very high quality and reasonably priced. there was a complete manders suit last week on ebay and ive spoken to the guy and he told me he'd let me have it for 2900.00 the only thing on it that wasnt manders was it had db's resin gauntlets and the dreads had been replaced with bambooies. its not animatronic and doesnt have movable jaws. there are very few that do. unless you want to spend alot. the one cary had was from what i was told one of petes first designs and he has a better one now bit its upwards of 2 grand just for that. im looking for him but im not shure what he would be happy with.

cyberpred

Hunter
I know that Cary would be happy with anything as long is it was well made and very detailed. I have to be honest also the ones I have seen on Ebay were o.k. but the detail was very poor.

If this guy wants to sell his pred do you have any pics?

inkmonster

Hunter
i dont know how you can say that these suits had alot of detail. carys suit didnt have much detail in it. it was one of manders first suits made of foam before he started using latex. there was one suit of his that went for about 1100.00 that was incredibly detailed. heres a pic of the one i was thinking about buying from the guy but i allready have one so im still unshure if i need another. i have more but there huge files and take foever to down load. if you like i will post more

DCP_0675.jpg

cyberpred

Hunter
I did not say the suit that was stolen had alot of detail. What I said is that he would like one that is well made and alot of detail. The one that Cary had had to be repaired a ton of times.

As for that pic Yes that would be a good one. Is it for sale still? Could you send me some pics? (ladyt1@email.com) How much?

tina :rolleyes:

DangerDavey

Hunter
Wow.

It's like Cary's suit just disappeared off the face of the earth!!

I'd be a bit down as well if I'd lost something like that and it has not turned up yet.

I'm still developing my skills on Predator costume items. Not quite up to the level that Cary had with the "Trek-buster" suit.

Cary is a whiz with the electronics. I'd actually end up going to him with any FX. That would give away the secret project.

I'm starting back into the ranks of the employed this week at Wally World(Walmart) and my project activities will become
fewer and farther between. That, in itself, knocks me out of contention for the project.

I really wish we could find Gary's original suit.

~DD

Faken

Hunter
I think it's awesome what you are trying to do for Cary, but I will be very honest here and say I don't think you will find anyone that can do that animatronic rig for anything close to 2k... the face is expecially tough and very labor intensive. If you were looking for one guy to make you a fully animatronic suit from A - Z with all the bells and whistles, the only people I know with that kind of ability and would actuall yhave the itm to do it would charge near the 10k mark. You can find some great suits for the 2 - 3k mark, but not with animatronic functionality.

Dan

inkmonster

Hunter
true dan, manders fully animatronic suits with the mandibles, plasma cannon, gauntlet blades and countdown gauntlet were going for about 6k or more and he has improved them alot. i seen one of just his animatronic backpack plasma cannon go for over 1 k on ebay. as far as i know tina the suit is still forsale he told me hed let me have it for 2900.00 plus 60 to ship it to my house. i will email you some pics all of the stuff could be made animatronic and i do know how to do pretty much the blades and countdown gauntlet but it may take me awhile since im sinking alot of time into mine at the moment.

Faken

Hunter
true dan, manders fully animatronic suits with the mandibles, plasma cannon, gauntlet blades and countdown gauntlet were going for about 6k or more and he has improved them alot. i seen one of just his animatronic backpack plasma cannon go for over 1 k on ebay. as far as i know tina the suit is still forsale he told me hed let me have it for 2900.00 plus 60 to ship it to my house. i will email you some pics all of the stuff could be made animatronic and i do know how to do pretty much the blades and countdown gauntlet but it may take me awhile since im sinking alot of time into mine at the moment.
yeah, plus I think Pete is pretty much done with the animtronic mask bit... last he told me it was just too labor intensive.

cyberpred

Hunter
Thanks Guys. But I am really Predatored Out. Really I am selling everything I have. I never want to see another Pred again as long as I live. I am tired of all the crap that comes along with this. I am also Aliened out too.

Cary

Faken

Hunter
Thanks Guys. But I am really Predatored Out. Really I am selling everything I have. I never want to see another Pred again as long as I live. I am tired of all the crap that comes along with this. I am also Aliened out too.

Cary
Sorry to hear this Cary... I can't imagine how turned off to the whole thing you must be after getting something so valuable to you taken. It sucks, but I do understand your reasoning for being so fed up at this point.

Dan

kithunter

Elite Hunter
cary you've been fed up for years now....sorry to hear your ending it on a sour note....

i go through periods of highs and lows with this hobby, but i'm always drawn to the creative/talent aspect of it.

vaya con dios bud.......

andrew

kriker

Blooded
I sympathise =P

I've read a few posts like this and there has to be a way of minimising it.. the section deposits are a good idea but it all lies in the hands of the maker... Don't people value their reputations? pfff..