Gladiator Pred.

F

frank thing

O.k guy's.

I had a idea about a unique Pred hunter. I liked the idea behind this pred so much I decided to have a go at making a new hunter in the form of a 1/6 figure kit.

The Characers story.

This hunter was a high class trophy hunter who became a Predator bodyguard to a high ranking elder through the trophies he collected. He remained in the service of protecting this particular elder for many years.
He was a most honourable Yatuja but one day during a High class hunt his elder master was killed by some kind of a alien nastie. Because of the shame of his loss he was a outcast and was made to take part in the games....(a fate worse than death). The games are almost impossible to survive because whatever species killed his master he must be traped with and kill 1000's of that species to repay the blood spilt from his former master.

If he survives the rituals, traps and manages to repay the blood spilt and still manages to survive then he just may regain some of the honour he lost and be set free once more.

Only two Preds have managed to do this and here is the beginnings of the 1st original survivor.

Thanks,

Frank.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Mortal Immortal

Nice looking piece. Its has some different armor.

P

pirkleations

This guy must be tough!! He killed a Klingon and took his bat'leth!!!

Awesome sculpt and back-story!!

DangerDavey

F

frank thing

Or did Preds infulance Klingon culture like they did ours ????.

Think about it, both species are hostile, yet honourable. Both are primitive yet futureistic and to top it all off the Klingon logo looks remarkabley like a pred lazer sight . Preds cloak so do Klingon ships etc. Loads of little simularaties.

I reckon the Klingon who suppost to have invented that bateleth killed a pred and was rewarded the Batleth like Danny did in P2 and Lex in AVP .

Did Preds infulance Klingons ???? What do you think ?. Could have happend lol.

T

tommynator1024

****, how do you do that? How do you operate on such small scale??

S

Siccx Degree

Great sculpt, love the heavy feel of the armor and the skulls on the base as well, looking forward to seeing a completed piece...

S

Savage Yautja

I reckon the Klingon who suppost to have invented that bateleth killed a pred and was rewarded the Batleth like Danny did in P2 and Lex in AVP
Kahless the Unforgettable,the greatest Klingon ever, forged the first bat'leth and named it Bat'leth which means "Sword of Honor". He then fought and killed the tyrant Molor and united the Klingon people.

Looks like the Predator either killed a Klingon in combat or he is seeking to avenge the Klingon who killed the elder he was guarding . And do it with his own type of weapon,the bat'leth.

N

NibsFlibble

Awesome sculpt! Geez, I can't think of anything else but WOW, FANTASTIC, OUTSTANDING (subliminal message: wash my car), EXCELLENT, SUPERB ..... and all those other cool words.

F

frank thing

Thanks guys.

I must clean Mr flibbles car (starts walking)

P

PredatoRob

Damn, man. You keep surprising the **** out of me! That is way ******* cool! I've spent quite a bit of time just staring at the pics. Is that all you or did you do a little kit bashing? Either way the result is fantastic. I've been following your work and progress, and I must say that you're the next Larry Kidd. Hell I even tolerate the bat-leth thingie or whatever. And I hate intertwining (SP?) of different franchises. Hehe. Nice work man!!!!!!!!!!

F

frank thing

Thanks Predatorob : wow man thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me lol

He was 95% scratchbuilt/sculpted, the only parts I used from other kits is the main chest (alien) plate took from a old Halcyon kit.

and a old Lost hunter visor that I grinded down and sculpted over to make something new.

and the bat'leth, which was from a klingon figure donated by a friend.

Apart from that all sculpted as new.

Thanks,

Frank.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maverick118

Cracking stuff Frank, Jeeezus he looks like he could rip of your head and pee on your brains. Love the ponderous look to him too. Almost as if he's choosing his next target and saying "you'll do for me sunshine" Cool beans matey

F

frank thing

O.K GUy's, I've been slacking off latley (Started a new Job so its taking up all my time) but I will try and post some updates soon.

R

Round Hammer

That is very cool!
And I like the addition of the bat'leth, I have one that I'm thinking of carrying with my costume when it's done.