GOOD AIRBRUSHES FOR PREDATOR MASKS???

D

darkenism

Someone Please help!!

What are some good airbrushes to use for painting predator masks? What acrylics do you mix in your paint? What is perma wet? and where can I get it? When you paint the head markings do you do it freehand? or do you use a template/stencil?

A

alkalilake

I'd suggest an Iwata HPC first off. That's a great all around airbrush. Perma wet is available through monstermakers.com. Some people can free hand the spots on a mask, and some can't. A template or stencil will look just like a template or a stencil was used. Basically to do this kind of thing you don't want to start with a Predator mask. You need to practice and practice a LOT! Try doing fine lines, fades, and tight spots on paper. It's all about control.

You can get videos on airbrushing that will help you out from dixieart.com. There's no easy way out of this, so you just have to jump in and do it. When you fail don't get frustrated, just keep going.

You can use a variety of paints/inks to get good results. I like the golden airbrush paints and FW inks. Both are available through dixieart. Try going and getting on an airbrushing forum.

Try and find answers to your questions on other sites and forums as well as this one. Lots of knowledge out there for you to learn from.

T

The Mortal Immortal

It funny how the same questions get ask over and over again very month. Your still going to get the same answers as the other post before yours.

D

darkenism

well i appreciate the quick answers...i am at work you know...drawing and tatting isnt leaving me much time to scour the archives....

thanks!

anyone else got tips? links?

A

alkalilake

The Mortal Immortal with his sound advice for the new guy. You were born knowing it all right Scotty boy? If you don't have anything constructive to add, shut the hell up!

A

alkalilake

Everybody was new once dude. A little help never hurt anybody. Too many guys around here think this is a forum for egos and not help and advice.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Alkalilake (Davy Boy) if you have a problem with my posting take it up with me, I have the right to post my opinion. This question is asked all the time and if people would read previous posts they wouldn't have to ask these questions. I do help people out with their questions and have share alot of info.

M

Maverick118

Don't forget a respirator, as you never know what you may have to run through your brush. Especially if you use rubbercement paints