GORT Bio..Took the Sculpt out of storage yesterday...WIP

D

DAVIDYR1

Over the last 3 or so years this has been an on going project....a sloooowwww on going project.

First I sculpted it in water clay...then, a second sculpt in Chavant...only to have that sculpt damaged during a move, to finally the 3rd version which is the one shown here.

With the release of the new images recently, I decided to compare them to what I had done so far and see about finishing this up once and for all...

It's still very rough, and sure...needs some changes, but the over all feel seems to be there. I'm looking forward to carving in the details.
Chavant Soft NSP Clay.

gort1.jpg

The last time I did any work on this was easily at the beginning of the year, or something like that. I have a full Pred suit I'm finishing up and wouldnt mind having this helmet completed before I send that suit out so, with some luck, I'll find the time to get back to work on it. I'm sculpting it over a regular P1 bio helmet that I had to cut up, space out differently and seriously modify as a base.
In the meantime...you guys are as much Pred experts as anyone in the biz...comments, suggestions??? Love to hear them.
I'd really like to get this as accurate as possible, so aside from reference pics...I'd love to hear your thoughts.

*edit*
I searched around for the first Gort I was working on in water clay...This one was 3 years ago...RIP...

toothhelmet.jpg

David

T

The Mortal Immortal

Looks great david, You have some mad sculpting skills.

K

kithunter

i've been waiting for 3 YEARS?????? uncalled for david.

i loved the first one you made back then . i'm sure this one will be just as killer.

finish it up bro, (in between your other projects)

P

pirkleations

Take it to the limit, David!!!

I think that it's gonna be a bad-ass when it's finally done!!!

I'm no expert on bio sculpts...yet. So just keep doing what you're doing...it looks like a Gort to me!!

~DangerDavey

S

Shadow predator

Sign me up for one... I absolutely LOVE the Gort

T

The Big Gunns

Looking good! I have always loved the Gort bio. Reminds me of a cat

M

MEANGENE83

WAY TO GO!!!!

You got some serious Lost Hunter muscle my friend.

Your bio looks like its gonna be the bizz!!!

Put me down for one.

Keep us posted i wanna see more!

B

ButtZilla

That look fantastic!! Great job. Can't wait to see the final bio. Let's hope it's another year. Good stuff!

S

STEVE0671

Nice work David, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress, looks spot on so far! Nice work as always!

Steve

D

DAVIDYR1

Thanks for the responses here.

After all this time and finally mustering up the 'cahones' to show what this looks like was not easy. When I do take a long time to finish a sculpt, even if the actual amount of time spent on it was minimal....as time goes by, I start to second guess myself or constantly make changes to it..so I really do appreciate all the kind words.

....and yea....when the time is right....I'll swap for a few of these.
Andy you are correct my friend!!! I havent forgotton..but I 'have' taken like 74 years to get back to finishing it....

David

S

sinister70

That Gort Bio is starting to look first class. Yes it's been an age, but your attention to detail does show through despite the fact you've said that the time spent on it has been minimal, it sure doesn't look like it. This piece is going to be the hot item when it's done. Personally I love the Gort, it's at the top of my favourites list so keep up the good work.

Cheers

D

DAVIDYR1

Very kind of you Sinister!!!

...I guess now I better not wait 3 more years to finish it eh??

David

S

sinister70

Credit where credit's due. And yes another 3 years would be just a tad too long to wait.

Cheers

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
Is that thing done yet?
Nope. I'm working on a hero suit for a TV show that has a month's end deadline. After that I can get back to some of my own things like this Gort helmet. Same with the Demon bat, only difference there is we picked up another costume gig and I need that life cast under the torso sculpt so that one also has to be finished up asap.
If all goes to plan, sometime in Feb the Gort could be done. :ninja:

We're just always chasing deadlines...and personal projects have to be juggled around anything else that's 'work' related....that sucks but, that's what I get for actually having a day job..... :rolleyes: :)

David