GORT Bio / (Tooth Helmet).....lots of pics!!!!

S

STEVE0671

Hi All, It feels like ages since I posted any prop pics on the Lair so here goes

I’d like to bring this latest Bio to the Lair, The lost Hunter Gort (tooth Bio) sculpted by a very talented friend of mine who will chime in later no doubt.

Darren Harvey based here in the North West of the UK, he joined the Hunters Lair about a year ago but mainly lurks around to see what’s happening.
As you know I have been concentrating on the Celtic from AVP and the casts for Hunters lair members will be released soon enough.

Darren and I thought it would be a good idea for me to bring the Gort to the Hunters lair as you guys have known me since the beginning of when the Lair first started. It always helps when you know a name I guess but as I said Darren will pop in later to give his input.

I’ve placed my Celtic Bio next to the Gort Sculpt so you can see it’s a true 1-1 scale. As you can remember I used a P1 then several objects to help me get some of the key shapes as well as using an Epoxy mix, Darren has gone for a full clay sculpt over a P1 which made the whole process a load faster.
I think he’s done fine job! A route I will be taking next time I do a Bio.

If you’re interested to know more about this Bio then please contact Darren on his email dharvey1971@netscape.net

I’ll let the pictures do the talking….. Enjoy!

Gort01.jpg

Gort02.jpg

Gort04.jpg

Gort06.jpg

Gort07.jpg

Gort09.jpg

Gort11.jpg

Gort12.jpg

Thanks Guys

K

kithunter

All i can say it's about time this version was done. it looks pretty darn accurate

I know davidyr1's been working on one for a few years. so many cool bios have been made since the lair started. let's do our best to make sure this one doesn't get recasted.

Steve you remember what i told about how to go about that or just to find out who is recasting?

Andrew

S

STEVE0671

I do remember Andrew , and we'll do our level best to keep that from happening.
If anyone wants to ask myself anything on this Bio as well as Darren then fire away.

M

Moose Matson

Beautiful.....Absolutely Beautiful! I have been wanting to see this one done for some time. I can't wait too see it painted. I hope the only castings that get done on this beauty are your own.

D

DAVIDYR1

Well done guys!

Yea the whole recasting thing has me a bit worried also. I probably would have done mine much sooner had it not been for that concern but I guess the only way around it is dealing with people you know and trust as I think I plan to do.

Either way I am sincerely impressed by this sculpt. You guys have done outstandingly well and I look forward to comparing what we've both done.
I'm smack dab in the middle of moving my home and studio at the moment. Once I'm settled in I too should have something relative to this helmet to show.

Still...what I'm seeing here is outstanding and I tip my hat!

David

S

Savage Yautja

Ok guys here's a question for you. Did you use calipers to measure to get the bio symetrical on both sides for the position of the curves and details? They look very uniform on both sides, very smooth and flowing design. Great work.

S

STEVE0671

A mirror was used, errors always jump out at you when you see things in revearse Darren made every effort to make sure sure this one was a Symmetrical as posible, if you hold it face on you see the Symmetry is bang on.

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

That is FrIGG'En WAY COOL. I can already invision one on my wall.. Please keep me in the loop Steve.

Thanks

TiGeR

S

STEVE0671

We'll update in the next week to show a finished Cast and then one that Darren with Airbrush and weatehr up Stay tuned.

D

Darren Harvey

HI GUYS
THOUGHT I WOULD JUST INTRODUCE MYSELF AGAIN!!!
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS FOR MY SCULPT I HAVE JUST COMPLETED THE SILICON MOLD FOR IT SO I SHOULD HAVE A FINISHED PIECE IN A WEEK OR SO

K

kithunter

Welcome back darren, hell of a way to make an re-intro.

your sculpt looks the shizzle

W

weaselflinger

Wow! Excellent sculpt. I'm looking forward to seeing one fully painted.

C

carlart

I am absolutely speechless. Next to the original P1 bio, this is my favorite. Wonderful job on it Darren. Will it be a resin cast?
carlart
Cannon-Title.jpg

D

Darren Harvey

HI
THE BIO WILL BE CAST IN FIBREGLASS RESIN SHOULD HAVE ONE TO SHOW IN A WEEK ALL BEING WELL