"gort" predator

kithunter

Elite Hunter
hey niels

welcome to the board, the best place to find images of the gort would be the art of stan winston book ...there are some highly detailed images of it in there

I don't know if any members have scanned that image but wait and see if someone posts one of the shots

AM

Nagash

Blooded

Robillicus

Hunter
If you're lookin' to make a suit after "Gort," your best bet is that he shared the same, or similar, scheme to the hero Predator from Predator 2.

The Predators in the pics posted by Ice should be great reference. Although the Gort suit is not pictured. The one's in the pic are the "Ram," "King of New York," "Greyback, the Elder," "The Hippie," "Onyx," and "The Boar." I wonder if the other hunters were resting on an adjacent wall or something.

roninpred

Elite Hunter
sup rob.could you tell me how did those names came about?why is it called the hippie pred?
thanks
L.B.

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
I think the "hippie pred" came about since he's wearing his dreads in a ponytail down his back.

Robillicus

Hunter
Yeah, there's no authenticity behind those names. I just come up with names for them so that I'm not always referring to them as "the one with..." or "the one who has.." etc.

The "Hippie" name came about because his dredlocks were down to the small of his back in a pony tail. Way before that dousche Scar. Ya know, long hair and all that. Just felt right. And kinda funny.

Mark a.k.a. "Savage" came up with the Ram name. As in the helmet resembled that of a Rams head.

I got "King of New York" from, firstly, I'm a big Christopher Walken fan, and secondly because that's where the head piece is currently displayed.... Planet Hollywood NYC.

"Greyback" is the name the crew of P2 gave the Elder.

"Onyx" came to while I was looking at a pic of the head piece. The Predator character has so much going on that I couldn't come up with anything else that didn't sound right to me. Some people refer to him as the "Borg" Predator, but I thought that was dumb, and I'd like to distance the creatures far, FAR from Star Trek and Star Wars.

The name "Boar" come from the fact that the "Boar" helmet has indentations in the snout that mimic a pig, or boar, or warthog. Oink.

Nagash

Blooded
If you're lookin' to make a suit after "Gort," your best bet is that he shared the same, or similar, scheme to the hero Predator from Predator 2.

The Predators in the pics posted by Ice should be great reference. Although the Gort suit is not pictured. The one's in the pic are the "Ram," "King of New York," "Greyback, the Elder," "The Hippie," "Onyx," and "The Boar." I wonder if the other hunters were resting on an adjacent wall or something.
What predator hero are you talking about?

Thanks for all the replys.
Its great to have names on all the predators, as long as we all use the same names :)

Robillicus

Hunter
Well, when I use the term "Hero," I mean the Predator that 90% of the movie revolves around. As far as names go, it's all up in the air. Call them whatever you want to. I even refer to the main Predator in P2 as "Lone Wolf." Mainly due to the fact that I'm a big fan of the Japanese movie series "Lone Wolf and Cub."

Nagash

Blooded
I just got the book and their are lot of great pictures.
Their is a picture of the grey back, and I was really suprised when I saw his face close up.
Here is why, I always saw myself as a big predator fan and have seen the grey back 1000000 of times, and always thought the mouth looked like the one in P1 (we all new they used the P1 head), but the mouth part on this picture, has 2 small teeth and a jewellery in one of them. I also cant see the two rings on the teeth, that you see in the movie?

any one knows?

Faken

Hunter
I just got the book and their are lot of great pictures.
Their is a picture of the grey back, and I was really suprised when I saw his face close up.
Here is why, I always saw myself as a big predator fan and have seen the grey back 1000000 of times, and always thought the mouth looked like the one in P1 (we all new they used the P1 head), but the mouth part on this picture, has 2 small teeth and a jewellery in one of them. I also cant see the two rings on the teeth, that you see in the movie?

any one knows?
Yes, the rings are there in the movie.