Got another well known SFX book for Christmas

carlart

Hunter
Some of you probably already have this book----Behind the Mask. It came out in '94, and has some great info about the movers and shakers of today's modern SFX classics.
Of particular interest was the section on Stan Winston and the Predator--not many decent photos, I scanned several of the more pertinent ones in for you guys.
The first features a couple of sketches, the first one is done by Steve Wang, the second one has no info. In the second attachment are a couple of photos of John Rosengrant
working on the P2 foot and painting one of the lost hunters. Here's where you can get the book: Behind the Mask
carlart
PredSketches.jpg
P2Rosengrant.jpg

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Thanks for sharing Carl, I just wish the book had more pictures and info about the predator. I like how Rosengrant and the Winston Studios all use single action Paasche H airbrushes.

Sara

Hunter
OH.MY.GOD.

I think my brain just 'gasmed.

That bust drawing of the Predator... I need to go take a cold shower...

DangerDavey

Hunter
That's a very important book to have in any FX collection. It's the first FX book I had gotten that has Predator stuff in it and will never let it go.

~DangerDavey

That's a very important book to have in any FX collection. It's the first FX book I had gotten that has Predator stuff in it and will never let it go.

~DangerDavey
Yeah its a great book, ive had it for years. And its cool seeing Winstons crew using Paashe single action airbrushes...that was my first brush back in the 80's.....memories...

inkmonster

Hunter
yeah i wanted to buy that book i was told there wasnt much pred stuff in it. yeah those pashee single action airbrushes were all they used. i believe the xterenal mix as well. if they posted in the book that he was sculpting the predator 2 feet in that pic then it was a miss print cause those are definaly the first pred feet he working on.