got my dreads finally help needed

stiltwalker

Unblooded
after 3 day's of the post office telling me they had "mis-placed" my parcel my bambooie dreads have finally arrived woohoo

ive read a few threads on fitting ..by contact adhesive .....is it better to put a X cut or and O hole in the mask to fit them and also how much should i push throu in to the mask as want to keep them as long as possibe for the "swoosh" factor

cheers spike

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
after 3 day's of the post office telling me they had "mis-placed" my parcel my bambooie dreads have finally arrived woohoo

ive read a few threads on fitting ..by contact adhesive .....is it better to put a X cut or and O hole in the mask to fit them and also how much should i push throu in to the mask as want to keep them as long as possibe for the "swoosh" factor

cheers spike
Personally I never cut holes in the mask. There is no need to. All the heads that I have added dreads to have been done so with just cyranocylate (however you spell it) super adhesive glue. Put glue in the dread hole and then press your dread against the hole until the glue dries. 2-3 minutes usally. Keep in mind that you can cut the dreads at at slight angle to help them fall more naturally.

Post some pics of your finished result if you can...

roundhammer

Hunter
Two part epoxy is pretty rigid, but where you would be placing it, I don't think it will hender the "swoosh factor" of your dreads.

It will, however, make it extremely difficult to remove the dreads later if you beed to replace one for any reason. You have the potential of having part of the mask come off on the dread, or part of the dread will remain forever stuck on your mask.
The same can happen with super glue.

stiltwalker

Unblooded
ive read afew post on fitting the dreads ...like cutting circles in mask and glueing in with contact cement also cutting an X in to mask and glueing withe contact cemant and stitching in
as i will be using mask a lot just asking for advice and personal experiences wih the way it turned out

ive read afew post on fitting the dreads ...like cutting circles in mask and glueing in with contact cement also cutting an X in to mask and glueing withe contact cemant and stitching in
as i will be using mask a lot just asking for advice and personal experiences wih the way it turned out
I've put dreads in a couple masks, and the cutting an X, and attaching with dap weldwood glue method has worked without fail. Other advice would be to cover the rest of the mask with something so you dont get any glue elsewhere.