GRAIL HAUL! Ancient Predator Statue by Fewture! 56k Warning

F

Fakenrite

Well after many months of searching for this and constant disappointments, my friend Dan comes through BIG and scores me this super hard to find statue that is completely kick ass.

Some people don't like it... but it's just a gorgeous piece with some really slick paint apps. Here's some pics I took this evening in the studio... enjoy!

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Big Gunns

That thing is gorgeous.. and I dont even mind the teeth.

~Mel

B

BurntKona

Bloody hell, that is a piece and a half. Thanks for sharing the piccies.

M

manfromatlantis

Wow, That is cool.
Do you know when this piece was released? The paintwork on the Pred looks very similar to the albino from BDE, right down to the style of the tatttoos...

Nice grab.

SC

K

kithunter

I don't know what's cooler, the actual piece or those beautiful shots...

AM

F

Fakenrite

Thanks everyone for your compliments on the photos... it's been awhile since I've had time to set up the ol' lights and snap some shots, so it was fun to photograph such a kick ass piece.

Sandy - The piece was announced November 2004 and was released exclusively at the Fewture Store located in Japan in mid-spring 2005. You can grab additional details in my little review I posted at www.predatorstuff.com/200...ure-japan/

Dan

C

Cassiopeia1979

oh my god the colours are stunning! Whoever did that should be hugged and paraded through the streets. i want one!

F

Fakenrite

That's actually a recast of the original kit... this statue was a pre-paint limited to 500 numbered units. About 6 months ago it started popping up everywhere as a recast... some bad, some good. I wrote an article about this piece getting recast at www.predatorstuff.com/200...s-are-out/

Also, the pic on the frontier site is from a guy on eBay who is trying to sell recasts as originals... He has a series of the photos on his auction pages. The pic is of an original, but it's not what you end up getting.

Dan

A

alphatech686

It has some very cool ideas in it. I think I might have to experiment with the ribbed dreads idea. I have some silicone sitting around waiting to be used for molding something.

T

The Big Gunns

I think those ribbed dreads are what a predalien should have

Ice

Hunter
I'm going to have to throw down some $$$ to get me one of those. Once I have my prop room set up I going to do some searching on ebay....

spinksy

Hunter
i really want one of these-where did you get it an how much was it? (i know they go for big bucks - just want a rough estimate of how much)

pm me details if you like mate

Ice

Hunter
You could be able to find one on ebay, ever now and then. I could be wrong but They run about $250.00 US, they can go for more....