Guantlet Lights LEDs

H

Hunterpred210

What have you guys been using for the control panel lights on Preds left arm? Anyone know a good place to get assortments of LEDs, blinkers, and light bars? Anything that could be used for cool light on the guantlet.
Thanks

M

MiSTRFiNGA

Yeah I wanna build up one. I was going to ask Hyperdyne to do one if I sent him my guantlet, that way he could offer them up. Here is a small animated gif I made of the sequence. I have a larger 4 meg one, but for you dial-up people I didn't want to kill your BW

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hunterpred210

My plan was to find some kind of dark plastic film and cut out the "yaunti" letters out of the film then place red blinking LEDs in the cut out spaces where the letters are. Then when they blink it should give off the same effect in the film. Im pretty sure this could work im gonna experiment.

K

kithunter

I never thought i would need to have that piece lite but, once i put the suit on display i think it would be cool to have that little feature.

Did you get a price from Hyperdyne on doing such an item? I have to reach to him my sounds board is shot

Andrew

G

gbscout

Do you guys in the US have MAPLINS?

I got a running light kit or my suit for about 15 GBP. It has 8 red L.E.D on it i have changed for other colours. It needs a little soldering but it works cool. ill try to get a small pic.

lee

M

Maverick118

I suppose the US equivilant would be Radio shack or the like. Maplins is an electronics shop over here in the UK. They sell all kinds of stuff.

H

Hunterpred210

There is a store i know of called Skycraft they sell anything electronic LEDs circuit boards battery packs wires ect ect. But i was wondering if anyone knew of any online places to possibly get bar lights or something more complex than single LEDs

A

AlienHunter

I guess it kinda depends on whether you want to closely duplicate the movie gauntlet's actual patterns or create your own. As for me, I am trying to duplicate the movie patterns as close as I can with what information is available. I have some electronic background, so I am building the appropriate circuit boards myself using basic timer and counter ICs. Actually, the biggest problem for me seems to be just fitting all the electronics needed into the gauntlet housing that I have. You can buy pre-assembled boards that will 'chase' a series of LEDs or blink several LEDs in different patterns from various online merchants, but if you need the LEDs to fit a certain way or in a specific space, then you will end up removing some parts and reconnecting them yourself anyway. Hopefully ANIMETRONIC or MANTIS will come through and show us a video of the movie gauntlet's actual operation.

H

Hunterpred210

Does anyone have any link to some good online places with bar lights and LEDS?
Thanks

M

MiSTRFiNGA

Hunterpred- Skycraft ROX! Are you in the Orlando area? There is one off fairbanks I think is the name, right off I-4. That place is like Toys-r-us to us big kids ^_^ I am going to try to just cut some styrene in the proper pattern, and paint it black, and put leds that will be timed underneath the styrene using some stuff at Radio shack. Ill work on it this weekend.

H

Hunterpred210

No I live near Daytona but i come to Orlando for my FX needs FX warehouse fabrick stores ect ect. im not very good with electronics so i doubt Skycraft can help me i know they only sell individual pieces leds not working kits

M

MiSTRFiNGA

LoL, I live in New Smyrna Beach. What a small ass world! ^_^

H

Hunterpred210

no @#%$ ..we should hook up one day your working on a pred costume too right not just a few props

H

Hunterpred210

e mail me propfxwizard420@hotmail.com actually i live in ponce inlet but alot of people dont know that so i say daytona
id love to hook up with another prop bro hit me up!

M

MiSTRFiNGA

Every other post is Me LoL, Yeah I know Ponce Inlet, I had a girl who lived there close to the lighthouse. Yeah you can hit me up at MiSTRFiNGA@MiSTRFiNGA.com too.

P

predmandb

I just finished redoing my left guantlets w the led thing,i bought a blinker at target for $7.99 and took apart added some leds and presto!!! Ill see if i can get someone to post a small movie to show you guys what it looks like!!! Tell me what you think!!!

B

Blocker1

Hey guys,

I should have this worked out in a little while. I have a friend working on this piece. I can't wait to post photos.

The idea we have is super simple. I am making cast resin pieces in clear with the markings sculpted in, then you just paint everything around the designs. Light the specific designs from the back with LEDS and you are finished, should look just like the movie version.

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com