Gunns P1... teeth pg. 3

T

The Big Gunns

I was finally able to do the first paint pull and add the teeth and mandibles. The masks are piling up here!
~Mel
2ndpull.jpg

S

SeaHunterr

one of my favorite P1 masks, you did an excellent job as usual Mel. I like the teeth!

J

JediUsurper

What no horns?

looks real pissed of at something or someone

as always looking forward to seeing it painted up.

T

The Big Gunns

The more pissed off the better!

Base coats on now. I think the P1 base color is the hardest thing to paint.
~Mel

2ndpull2.jpg

A

alphatech686

Hey Mel, You need to put all these progression photos as hunturials. The teeth look sweet. Very sort of stylized.

A

alkalilake

Can't wait to see what this looks like! The sculpt alone is incredible.

D

DIAVOLO BIANCO

this mask is awesome....
waiting to see it finished.....

P

PredatoRob

I've been waiting for you to get to painting on this bad boy. I think we all know how bad ass it's going to look once you've finished with it. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Savage Yautja

What color is that for the base? Apricot, Flesh ,A soft peach or a translucent shade of some color? It's nice and appears to allow other gradient / translucent shades to cone thru, like veining and some spots under the skin for a layered look with a lot of depth.

T

The Big Gunns

The base color isn't a solid color out of the bottle. It's many light layers of red, yellow, blue, brown, black and white.

~Mel

J

JediUsurper

looking great, love watching these threds bring something to life.

M

MoviesColin

Agreed. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

drgnfyre4

I wonder if there is some kind of Lair record for greatest number of awesome paint jobs from one person in a single month?

M

MoviesColin

Mel, the more I look at it the more I love it.

It's impossible how well you can paint. I really love your paintjobs, and even more so since you've discovered inks.

Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NibsFlibble

Whoa nelly! Dang Mel, that's coming along very nicely!!!!!

D

drgnfyre4

One thing that I notice is that for such a tight spot pattern you still manage to achieve a random look that is natural and not so symetrical that it looks "painted"

M

Master Yoda 54

i really like it Mel. Looks very natural looking. Im also digging how deep it looks.

KEITH