Halloween 2006 preview

K

kithunter

not sure i'm gonna make it down to DC so, i'm planning to have it done by this halloween, it's only 2 months away and tons of work to jam on...

Here is my unmasked elder, the masked version will have a more "samurai" look to him

since larry and pete have the look of the P2 elder down on there headpieces, no sense trying to copy what's been done, i figured i would throw my own (dred ring) spin on it.

Besides how will you know it's me....lol

marzanelder1.jpg

feedback ...thoughts??

D

Dragonskinstudio

love it mate! .but i dont go much on the backer rod for such a lovely mask

K

kithunter

funny ya mentioned it derek, i tried a regular foam dred and the weight of the ring tore it.
the backer rod is dense enough to widthstand the weight of 2 rings. regular dreds ..sadly are not

M

MoviesColin

Whatever fits it, Andrew. It looks superb, and I cannot wait to see the finished version of the suit.

T

tommynator1024

how do you attach the dreads to the mask then?? puncture it?

absolutely awesome!

D

Dragonskinstudio

andrew that all depends on what foam is used my dreads are well strong and can easy hang 400 gram d rings if needed...but still looks cool man

K

kithunter

this is true, good point,
there is only 2 rows of dred rings, the inner part will be filled with non-ring dreds.
I learned the hard way not to make it to heavy to wear.

P

philmar1962

Andrew...absolutely awesome job...can't wait to see the full suit!...Helps motivate me to finish my suit in time this year.

K

kithunter

coolness glad you like.........

yes i know i'm going to catch heat for the pic ..it's a sub par camera mr kidd.

AM

T

The Big Gunns

I'll sit and sulk with you about DC Andrew Im looking forawrd to unleashing the Alien Queen at Halloween as well.

I like the elder with the rings.. have you thought about possibly aging them down a bit ( like a temporary thing) or are you wearing this with the chrome bio (if so they are perfect as is)

~Mel

P

pirkleations

Your mask looks great, Kit!!

You're gonna be the old codger that gets all of the trophies!!

~DangerDavey

K

kithunter

i'm always the elder, that is, till you suit up. I'll be glad to turn the title over to you...lol

mel your right,i think i need to weather them down a tad...too shiny

G

gk asylum

Dude,
you're killing me!
Do I have to do everything?LOL
Get some "good "dreds and do it right.
Larry

K

kithunter

dude,

don't knock the poor man dreds, but agreed.

this is only to have it ready in time for halloween.

AM

T

The Hopkinator

I like it,, You knew that from the first time you went crazy with those funky "Spencers" rings! Very diffrent looking.
Im in the "gonna miss DC club too" . Cant get it together.
Damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit!!!!

D

depredador1997

Nice piece u got there andrew.....i bet the suit will be as cool as the mask!!

S

Savage Yautja

Andrew, Fantastic Elder mask but it looks like you have too much "bling" going on. Looks like everything is competing for attention with the paint job and the mask which is the real focus.The beads, the chrome dread rings and the other rings through the teeth seem just a litle much for one suit. Overkill basically. Just my thoughts. Something more toned down or natural for the dread rings would compliment instead of compete. Like KJ's Dread rings for example. The style Steve used on his Pred suit. Those were rustic and balanced out well.

A

alpha pred

Love the look you got going there kith!! If your looking for some different dreds Animatron 6 just posted some bad ass dreds in the skulls and skins area!! I have a feeling he will make up a special extra stout yet soft batch for ya!! Your Elder is amazing!!!!!

On a side note I think the Elder should have extra long dreds due to his age 100+ possible. Animatrons dreds are over 26inch on the largest dreds+ it will move the rings away from the face a bit as to not overshadow the serious paint on that Elder mask!! Just my 2Cents man!!