Halloween Corpsing - Aliens Theme - Done sorta - 11.12.06

R

RaptorArts

Ok guys I have only a few days left before halloween and I am doing an ALIENS theme. What I need is for anybody here who knows how exactly they did the aliens cocooning process on the corpses to do a tutorial. Right now I only have a bare bones skeleton full size all resin. Materials Tricks techniques paint colors schemes etc anything whatsoever to make it look like the cocoons in Aliens. This is on a budget so if its not a budget friendly project I will find a way with what you guys put down here.

Heres the bucky Skeleton. Not mine but same thing.

I really wish i had a few coccon pictures. If you have any post them Ill save them to my files for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Mortal Immortal

Here what I did with mine. Never finished painting him yet.
kit4.jpg

T

The Mortal Immortal

What works really good to make a cocoon is plastic wrap, cotton balls, and cheese cloth. You will need some headline spray from the auto part store to glue the plastic wrap to the skeleton. Pull the plastic wrap and stretch the plastic wrap to make the cocoon around the skeleton. You can dip the cotton balls in latex and pull and stretch them to make webbing. The cheese cloth can be done the same way. After you got the right look brush on latex to coat and hold everything together. Paint it with plain craft paint and you’re done. If you buy the 20.00 headliner glue by 3m 80880 you can make a cob web effect when you set the spray on the large setting.

There are a lot of ways to do the cocoon, but this is just one way I was taught by some friends at Ghost Ride Productions.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Vince if you need a bucky lid, I have a box of them. I would send you one if you need one (free). Here is a link to what a bucky lid is and looks like. Bucky Lid

J

JediUsurper

damn you guys get all the cool stuff over there hehe.

good luck with this, id really like to see it finished.

M

Maverick118

Don't forget hot glue makes nice gloopy masses you can spread out for the way the cocoon attaches to the wall and the like, makes for damn fine spder type webs too.

M

MoviesColin

The "great stuff" foam in a can could work really well, too. Buy a couple cans, duct tape the thing on a wall, and spray away.

Y

yautja clone

I think you could also use that artificial spider web stuff that is in stores right now for Halloween.

R

RaptorArts

Bucky lids? Man I never knew they had faces for those things. Im stuck between Rot and Decayed. Im not sure which one would work best for the alien victim corpse. Too bad they dont have beter pictures on that site. Thanks for the offer Scott. I apreciate it

I will try a little bit of everybodies technique and see how it works out. I like what I see "read" so far. Thanks again guys and keep posting if you have more ideas or pictures

Hmm this is interesting site also. I might try that hose idea and plastic wrap over
www.skullandbone.com/tutorial_02.htm

R

RaptorArts

Heres the begining of the corpse. Hope this combining of techniques works. In aliens the civilians still had their clothes on so I decided to cheat a little. I will be taring and tattering the clothes to show more bones. Have to go to the thrift store and find some jeans now.

*UPDATE*
ok so ive put a wire around the spine and attached him to the board which is painted like our house at night so the shadows will blend in. All airbrushed. I have also just started cocooning the corpse and torn many holes in the clothes to let people see the bones. I will be airbrushing the first layer and then layer on top of that with more plastic. when its all done you will barily be able to see the clothes and I think I might have some fun foam guts hanging out. Who knows

T

The Mortal Immortal

Ok Vince I will have a bucky lid out to you today.

R

RaptorArts

Hey Scott! I just got the lid today.
Its rotten, smelly, disgusting and shriveld

It works! lol thanks

Just got a couple more wraps of material on the corpse and tomorow I hope to get a few more. Too bad I dont have any slime or latex but hey I can only do so much with zero cash on hand. I've had that bucky for almost a year now. Its about time I did something with it

Y

yautja clone

Any updates on this Vince ? Just wanted to see if ya got it finished. I'd like to make a similar display for when I complete my Alien Suit.

R

RaptorArts

Sorry about that. Heres pictures. Im not entirely happy with it but it still did the trick. next year I will have more materials to gore and slime it up then it will look more realistic.

Materials used:

Bucky Skeleton - From Ebay
Bucky Lid - From Scott
Shirt Sliced and Diced
Pants Sliced and Diced
Plastic Cut up into strips
Panty Hose Cut up into strips
Hot Glue - hot! Hot!! HOT!!!
Water dyed with createx paints and sprayed onto entire surface

T

The Big Gunns

Vince..

Some other thing you can try: Get a large hot glue gun. Let the glue drip from the gun and blow it onto the saranwrap with a blow dryer. Sort of in a fast back and forth motion.

3M spray used to work. but the kind you would have to use is orange now.

~Mel

Y

yautja clone

Found this on Ebay. Its a 6' hanging Mummy Corpse. Was gonna try and work with it. Maybe add a little hair and some more gory stuff hanging out.

4b_1.jpg
mummy20close20up.jpg

J

JediUsurper

Something you could also use instead of the wrap.

paint latex in strips onto a plastic sheet with a 2 inch brush, wait for it to dry then pull if off they look pretty good/stretch etc.
ive tried this with real tiny bits to add abit more detail to the jaw of my chestburster.

just a thought.