Helmet Size

S

Shrander

This is my first time posting I believe.
I'm looking at starting a hobby, saw this site, and was thinking of trying sculpting.
Figured a helmet would be easiest since it's pretty straight forward.
Looking around, I keep hearing "UK 1:1", and 1:1, and "This helmet is not 1:1"
Now this would all be great if I knew what the measurements were for a 1:1 helmet.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

P

pirkleations

Welcome to the Lair!!

Keep in mind that it's not the size of the helmet that matters, it's how you hunt with it!!
But seriously, I think the average measurement from chin to crown on a bio is about 22".

DangerDavey

P

Praetorian Hunter

Hey bud

The normal sizes are about 22 or 23 inches from chin to crown and about 13 inches across, the UK bios tend to run a little smaller than that.

There is a big difference when lined up together.

KEITH

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

S

seaxsniper

Also wondering about size, have ordered one from Mysteria, says they are 1:1 and will fit masks, now I wonder if that will work after reading some posts here.
Also, what's a fair price for a quality mask, I'm finding a few for 300-500 range, very good quality.
Gene
Edit:
I just chatted with guy at Mysteria, he says new AVP helmet is bigger, and made to fit over a quality mask, so that's good news.

M

MEANGENE83

Maybe this will help.

I made this a while ago and hadda search high n low for it.

you guys should save it if you are going to be sculpting a bio, comes in handy dandy doo dads.

Peace out G

ps. the hnumbers are in INCHES

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DIAVOLOBIANCO

my helmet is a Scared Hunter Helmet i have buy from mysteria.co.uk i have pay it $190.00 is big unpainted version(watch my topic)

P

pirkleations

Thanks for the schematics, Gene! Saved it right away for when I take on my own Pred Bio.(Coming soon to a sleepy town in Wasington state)

DangerDavey

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

here is the real helmet size next to the uk. The real size is 21 1/2 from tip to tip and 13 w the uk only is 20 tip to tip x 12.
IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

M

master hobbs

i have the same question, but a bit different, i bought that dulex pred mask from rubies, and i need a bio to go over it, how big should it be?