Help catch me up.

Ok guys since the other forum is gone I have now lost things that I reffered to. I need a little help. I'm touching up my P1 and P2 suits. And about to do a full air brush on a mander Alien suit.

I have new P2 feet and new P2 hands I need to air brush.
What are the P2 colors and basically in what order?
Any pics of a P2 toot. and P1 toot. I know art had a good one on the P2 mask and hands.
I also want to touch up my P2 mask it has perma wet on it, can I spray over that or will it fish eye?
Does anyone have a link to the wolverine suits that I was told make good P1 or P2 suits I wanna do a full air brush on one after coating it in latex.

The Alien base coat black is easy. As I'm told by mander most of his Alien suits were done with dry brush very little air brush. Layer some on with a 3 in. brush then wad up news paper blot it out. What colors do you suggest. Keep in mind this will be for clubs and contests I personally like darker blends but for clubs that are dark I think that lighter paints for detail will hel it show up more, I'm thinking a light tan or light brown. I want to use three different colors. Base black of course, tan and brown, or some other two colors. Any advice on painting up the bug suit or pics would be great. Also I don't know if this is allowed here but I have 60 King Jamie dread rings up for grabs before they go on e-bay. I bought the molds fair and square. B)

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
I start of with a base coat of off white.
Then I lay down some veins, purple and blues spots and the basic design.
Then on to light mist of white over the top to make the veins and other spots blend in and look under the skin.
Them I go on to the burn umber brown to fully lay out the patterns.
Then onto the black to lay out the rest of the designs.
Then I mist in some more white to feather out the edges.
Then I mist over some yellow to give it some more depth.
Then I use red iron oxide to blend in all the colors and gives it a cooler look.
Then onto the perma-wet to give it shine.

I start of with a base coat of off white.
Then I lay down some veins, purple and blues spots and the basic design.
Then on to light mist of white over the top to make the veins and other spots blend in and look under the skin.
Them I go on to the burn umber brown to fully lay out the patterns.
Then onto the black to lay out the rest of the designs.
Then I mist in some more white to feather out the edges.
Then I mist over some yellow to give it some more depth.
Then I use red iron oxide to blend in all the colors and gives it a cooler look.
Then onto the perma-wet to give it shine.

Simple and short love it thanks.

I've been asked for pics of rings.

rings_close.JPG

rings_close_2.JPG

rings_far_shot.JPG

inkmonster

Hunter
hi kev, pete told you he used a crinkled up newspaper to drybrush the alien suits? i would use a sponge. but that aside all the conversations ive had with him he said he allways uses a airbrush even if someone wants him to design a creature to be made on paper first he draws with a airbrush. i have several pics of him as well as video painting alien suits and he allways has the trusty airbrush in his hand. and he uses acrylic paint mixed with latex you can drybrush with latex paint. the whole point of drybrushing is getting allmost all of the paint off the brush and its about impossible to get latex paint off a brush. plus unlike straight acrylic paint its tacky which would also make it difficult to drybrush with. he also uses alot of transparent colors over his base coat. i would just paint it the colors you like i myself prefer just a hint of the purples, blues and silvers over the aliens like they used in the adi workshop book.

hi kev, pete told you he used a crinkled up newspaper to drybrush the alien suits? i would use a sponge. but that aside all the conversations ive had with him he said he allways uses a airbrush even if someone wants him to design a creature to be made on paper first he draws with a airbrush. i have several pics of him as well as video painting alien suits and he allways has the trusty airbrush in his hand. and he uses acrylic paint mixed with latex you can drybrush with latex paint. the whole point of drybrushing is getting allmost all of the paint off the brush and its about impossible to get latex paint off a brush. plus unlike straight acrylic paint its tacky which would also make it difficult to drybrush with. he also uses alot of transparent colors over his base coat. i would just paint it the colors you like i myself prefer just a hint of the purples, blues and silvers over the aliens like they used in the adi workshop book.

So, I totally plan on using an airbrush probably more than Pete would on an Alien suit. He said 90 % of his suits were dry brush, I want to get most of the mass colors down with dry brushing then use what skill I have and try to really enhance the suit with an airbrush. For dry brushing I think a sponge is a better idea also or maybe even a faux finish mitt. I used to faux finish walls with my x and come to think of it the pattern it leaves will look really organic used on an Alien suit. Will pros aide and acrylic paint mixed work just as well as latex based paint (cause I know the paint has to flex) due to the fact I'm going to cover it in perma wet when I'm done anyway?