help me... im dumb, bio from scratch

Y

yautjafanboy

im quite a noob at sculpting and moulding as such and was wondering if there are any good threads or anyone out there who could guide me through making a bust of myself and then moulding and casting after i have sculpted, mainly i just want to know some tips on how to cast my head so i can make a bust, ive got lots of supplies, alginate plaster of paris, plaster bandages and some liquid latex, and will do a step by step photo thred as im doing it, any help would be hugely appreciated.

GET TO DA CHOPPAAAAAAAAAAA

T

The Big Gunns

Well you can't cast your head by yourself.
Casting a head requires being fully covered in alginate and then wrapped in plaster bandages. It takes at least 2 people (who know what they are doing) to get that done. You could make a duct tape dummy of your head. I think Immortal Mortal has done that (I dont know if he did it by himself.

~Mel

Y

yautjafanboy

cheers gunns, ive got a willing victimvolunteer to help me, i just kinda need to know as ive never worked with alginate yet wether to do my whole head at once or will i need to do it half and half so i can get the thing off my head really, ill check out mortals threads.
gracias amigo.

up 'dere in dem trees......I seee youuuuuuu.

P

pirkleations

Actually, I've made two plaster heads of myself before without assistance. It's tricky, but not impossible.

I used several layers of the plaster wrap to do the front side of my head and then the second side. After that, I had a pretty decent, thick shell to splice together and grease up for pouring a plaster head and neck. It was about a one-day project.

In general, though, it is much better to do an alginate and plaster wrap mold with a second person helping you.

DangerDavey