Help with project

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by MonsterMask, Aug 14, 2018.

1. MonsterMask

MonsterMask Unblooded

Second neck is done and look better then first piece . First few layers of liquid latex and then with elastic bandage. Top front of the neck is still wet and not good but I will cut it out -this part will be from cast resin.Now I am waiting for all materials for painting stage. I will try few methods of painting. Unfortunately in UK is very hard to buy Monster makers latex paint and need to go around this problem.
    IMG_20181112_183615.jpg IMG_20181112_194224.jpg IMG_20181112_194235.jpg IMG_20181112_194247.jpg

2. MonsterMask

MonsterMask Unblooded

I am back after full day of finishing version 1 of the helmet. It was *.... day.
    I am trying to match hard piece of the neck with latex. First problem was to cut in similar place to match the shape . After a few tries using marker and dremel it is almost same place of cutting. Next problem is gluing together this pieces. I used few types of glue and the problem is time of drying . The best result is with super glue but then it is very easy to break. Rest glues maybe are stronger but I can only use my fingers to hold this pieces in correct position . I glued small piece of latex neck behind the plastic piece to glue it both pieces and make them stronger. If you have any idea how to glue this pieces I will be happy to read it.
    IMG_20181117_183653.jpg IMG_20181117_183700.jpg IMG_20181117_183711.jpg IMG_20181117_183824.jpg IMG_20181117_185225.jpg

lazybones88 likes this.
  3. MonsterMask

MonsterMask Unblooded

The problem is with the time :) I can hold this pieces only using my fingers.

Shogun likes this.
  4. Shogun

Shogun Hunter

YEs i know MonsterMask but believe me man!!! when i say that with Crazy glue it is NOT enough ;) .... Yes it will stick very fast but it will not be strong enough when you will go to conventions .... so do as i say ....put your dreads with crazy glue THEN you put silicone calking ;)

MonsterMask likes this.
  5. MonsterMask

MonsterMask Unblooded

Because I am not making Predator costume I will just stop posting and give you ling to Therpf where I have this project.
    Crysis 3 Nanosuit
    I have few updates there .
    Thank you for helping me :)